CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Post by Rain Dog »

CharlieHarpersBar wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:no, bots get an actual user account in phpbb (it assigns it based on their user agent) so that you can use the built in forum permissions controlls to guide what they do/don't see.

They show up in the user list like this:
Bing [Bot]

And gray colored.
I'm a little closer to being awake now, and i'm pretty sure that you have inserted the code to identify which bot is visiting such as Bing [Bot], but it may bring several 'indexers' with it, these will be identified as guests.

No other way that I could account for having over 13k guests online in at one time on one of my other forums when the membership was only around 4k.
Never made it to Snooky yet ---- looking at your Avatar --- are those the type of girls I can find in the environs of CHB? :mrgreen:
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
Pedrazo
Expatriate

Post by Pedrazo »

[MOD EDIT: Removed name and picture. The General]
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Any guesses as to K440's worth?
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

^ I have a site that gets about 250,000 uniques per month and have been offered $60,000 for it in the past... and thought it was too low.

I forget what the equation is for websites, but I think a good price used to be 3x annual revenue.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Post by FreeSocrates! »

Also, not sure what the value of an expats eyeballs are.

I'd be surprised if that site made more than $1000 per month. But I would think alot less than that. Somewhere between $500 - $800 minus expenses would be a guesstimate... maybe it's alot more than that, but I'd be very surprised.

I think forums are generally hard to monetize.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
UKJ
Expatriate

Post by UKJ »

Pedrazo wrote:Image
So now that the people he abused, can answer him back, he bails out within a month! He shouldn't have been dishing it out for 10 years if he can't take it back. What happened to " grow a thick skin"!

He must be embarrassed at blowing a 10 year monopoly, by using it to make enemies instead of networking. They should have been unassailable by now. The attacking and chasing away newcomers was seriously dumb.They could have had thousands more members by now and should have been riding the new popularity of Cambodia. It's ironic how businesses for sale were torn apart, yet the forum seems to have been the worst run business in Cambodia.

[MOD EDIT: Removed name and picture. The General]
CharlieHarpersBar
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by CharlieHarpersBar »

According to webalizer, my sleepy Sihanoukville forum has received 73k uniques this month and 1.5m hits.

This is way down over last year mainly due bloody facebook!
CharlieHarpersBar
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by CharlieHarpersBar »

StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Rain Dog wrote:I have to say I never knew how much pent up anger there was against the other forum --- I thought it was just the usual forum politics.
No --- it was genuine pent up anger. I'm a pacifist and I was waiting for the opportunity to give one of the inner clique an opportunity to visit his dentist. That's unlike me.
Last edited by StroppyChops on Fri May 30, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Rain Dog wrote:
Never made it to Snooky yet ---- looking at your Avatar --- are those the type of girls I can find in the environs of CHB? :mrgreen:
no, that's the blokes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic