Will Elon Musk Takeover Twitter One Way or Another?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.

Will Elon Musk takeover Twitter one way or another?

YES
79%
NO
21%

Total votes: 34
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Re: Will Elon Musk Takeover Twitter One Way or Another?

Post by Apollo91881 »

Chad Sexington wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:40 am Twitters head of safety and integrity, Yoel Roth, is stating that 50,000 tweets containing the “N” word, came from only 300 accounts, and that nearly all those accounts are inauthentic.
You have to wonder how much of this is “false flag” sour grapes induced race baiting.
Or how much of this is reverse uno false flag sour grapes race baiting. Like this white guy who posted as a gay black guy.

https://www.dazeddigital.com/politics/a ... ning?amp=1
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Apollo91881 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:51 am
Chad Sexington wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:40 am Twitters head of safety and integrity, Yoel Roth, is stating that 50,000 tweets containing the “N” word, came from only 300 accounts, and that nearly all those accounts are inauthentic.
You have to wonder how much of this is “false flag” sour grapes induced race baiting.
Or how much of this is reverse uno false flag sour grapes race baiting. Like this white guy who posted as a gay black guy.

https://www.dazeddigital.com/politics/a ... ning?amp=1
I'm in no doubt there's an element of that

That said; far more common is the highly ironic or post ironic Twitter account; some follow them earnestly, some folk get it, others seize on Tweets like this to confirm a bias not realizing they are being subtly catfished or gently teased
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Think I'm going to set up a [admin edit: but not on here please, lol] account or something. There's some fun to be had.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

It will now cost you $19.99 per month in order to get a “blue ✔️“ on Twitter so you can exercise your freedom of speech. Pay to play.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Kenr wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:18 pm It will now cost you $19.99 per month in order to get a “blue ✔️“ on Twitter so you can exercise your freedom of speech. Pay to play.
As the saying goes, free as in speech, not as in beer. :beer3:
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Elon says Twitter, which cost him 44 billion, is losing 4 million dollars a day.

I don't know how much it was losing before he took it over, but he's threatening to name and shame advertisers who leave, which seems like a great way to discourage new advertisers and exacerbate his problems to me.

If it was attention he was seeking when he started going on about buying the company he certainly got it, the whole world is eating popcorn, watching this shitshow play out, and wondering what will happen next.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-mu ... ay-2022-11
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Random Dude wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:58 am Elon says Twitter, which cost him 44 billion, is losing 4 million dollars a day.

I don't know how much it was losing before he took it over, but he's threatening to name and shame advertisers who leave, which seems like a great way to discourage new advertisers and exacerbate his problems to me.

If it was attention he was seeking when he started going on about buying the company he certainly got it, the whole world is eating popcorn, watching this shitshow play out, and wondering what will happen next.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-mu ... ay-2022-11
I think the previous board of directors finally earnt their big bonuses and golden parachutes by forcing Musk to pay through the nose for Twitter and yielding the shareholders $54 a share. He was desperately trying to back out of the deal and now he is stuck with it. "Ha Ha" springs to mind.

That's probably why he fired them on the spot. I bet they were interesting conversations.

As he has embarked on mass sackings in a very short time, including most (all?) of the board, at what point will he lose so much institutional knowledge and memory that the company could fall apart? Does he really have control or is he simply in charge?
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Elon is out of his depth here. Unlike his other companies, Twitter’s revenue stream comes from advertising, and large profitable companies don’t want to be associated with hate and bigotry, or have to deal with someone who is as erratic as Musk is. If his best approach is to “shame” these companies, well then he is going to fail. He definitely didn’t think this through very well.

Because of this Tesla stocks are getting killed.
Last edited by Kenr on Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Looks like he just bought the name and will revamp the company to his liking. The next year will be very interesting.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

I read somewhere that running a social media company is a lot like running a restaurant, you have to really know and understand the industry, and it certainly isn't easy.

So, he'll either have to hire someone competent to run it or try to figure it out himself, on top of running Tesla and whatever else he has going on. It doesn't look like he's off to a great start but who knows, once things settle down a bit and advertisers regain some confidence - or new advertisers come onto the scene - maybe it'll thrive. I wouldn't want to have shares in Twitter right now though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic