Chinese Man in Landcruiser Drives into a House

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Chinese Man in Landcruiser Drives into a House

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Svay Rieng Province): At around 11:10 am on October 25, 2022, an unidentified Chinese national crashed a Toyota Land Cruiser, (PNH 2BD-0003), into a house in Koh Kban Khang Choeung village, Svay Rieng.
Fortunately, nobody was seriously injured, even though the car was a wreck, and the fence of the residence was obliterated by the crash. Police say that the accident was the fault of the driver, caused by his speeding and reckless driving.
The driver was seen getting out of the car, looking disoriented, but not visibly injured; however, he did not run away. He has been detained by the police and was taken to the police station for further investigation.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Chinese Man in Landcruiser Drives into a House

Post by John Bingham »

How the hell do you wreck a car that badly? Did it explode or something? Bloody foreigners.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^
Yuh, looking at the car..
The driver was seen getting out of the car, looking disoriented, but not visibly injured
Expected much worse..
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:48 pm How the hell do you wreck a car that badly? Did it explode or something? Bloody foreigners.
It looks like the car somersaulted and fluffed the landing.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

"Can't park there, mate"

"Sorry, I keep thinking I'm a moth, and I saw your light on, so I thought I'd pop in. I can see you're busy watching Neighbours, so I'll wait in the cupboard. Nice binoculars"
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Kahuna
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kahuna »

Possibly salvage the engine and a small amount of other parts but scrap the rest.
Surely not even a Cambodian panel beater could fix that?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Another "Foreigner" Drives into a House.
[Is this because they have no idea of private property ?]

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On 25 October 2022, a traffic accident occurred at 12:00 midnight when a foreigner driving a Highlander car oversteered and hit a house, causing damage along the concrete road, Sangkat Kantouk, Khan Kambol, Phnom Penh.

Prior to the incident, a silver Highlander car (Phnom Penh 2AJ-0562), driven by a foreign man with a passenger was seen traveling along the concrete road at high speed when they lost traction at the curve and crashed into the glass door of a house, smashing it completely. The driver and passenger were seriously injured by the accident and taken for medical treatment. The occupants of the house were shocked by the incident, but unhurt.
The local traffic police intervened to record the incident and take the car to store temporarily awaiting for later settlement.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Don't blame the 'foreign' drivers, the fault lies with the houses being too close to the road.. :mrgreen:

atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Bloody hell your not even safe in your own home from these Chinese drunks
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

The nightly slaughter goes on, as cars continue to target hapless houses.

Speeding Range Rover Crashes into Ford Sending it into a House
Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On 27 October 2022, a Range Rover sped into an intersection and crashed directly into a Ford car crossing the road, and sending the Ford into the house of a resident in Toul Kork .
The accident happened at 2:00am, along the intersection of Street 528 and Street 335 in Sangkat Boeung Kak I, Khan Toul Kork, Phnom Penh.
Sources from the scene said that they witnessed a silver Ford (B. Meanchey 2D-1811) being driven by a man along Street 335 towards the above-mentioned intersection, when a Range Rover (Phnom Penh 2BE-1025) came speeding along Street 528 and didn’t slow down at the intersection, causing it to crash into the Ford. The crash sent the Ford flying into the front door of a house along the intersection, severely damaging the house, as well as several other cars parked outside.
The occupants of the damaged house were awoken by surprise, as the building was shaken by the impact, but fortunately the accident did not cause any injuries.
Local authorities came to the scene to mediate between the parties, and both sides agreed to take each other’s car to be repaired and also agreed to pay for the repairs to the damaged house to put an end to the incident.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic