Bringing prescribtion meds into Cambodia -HOW?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Bringing prescribtion meds into Cambodia -HOW?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Pharmacie de la Gare
Telegram No. +85511618258
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

TimDrake wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:53 pm
Kammekor wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:39 pm
TimDrake wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:18 pm
John Bingham wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:27 pm
Some sources say that a doctor´s letter in english is enough. Others claim it needs to be in french. Others hint that some drugs(meds) are just prohibited/impossible to legally import. Which probably is bs, because nearly all countries have lists like that, but they also have ways to import those narcotics/psychotropics/meds for personal use.
It's not BS, for example Adderall and all amphetamine based medications are banned in Cambodia. There are no exceptions to this, and they aren't going to let you import any for any reason.
Yes, you are absolutely right about that. If I knew that Morphine were illegal in Cambodia, in the way Aderall is, then I would know that entering the country would be impossible until I were to switch to a diffrent med. Something that is legal in Cambodia.
But if it is not otright illegal, I am pretty sure that bringing some ,exclusively for personal use, would be ok.
Do you know how to find out which medications and substances are outright banned, without exceptions? I only found a very long list of restricted goods, that contained evereything from breeding chicken over sandalwood to nuclear waste.
Does anyone know if Morphine is available in Cambodian pharmacies or if it is banned like Aderall?
Could anyone find this out for me?
Call Pharmacy de la Gare in Phnom Penh. They can tell you, they're probably the most reliable pharmacy in the country.
Thank you very much!!! I had not even though about contacting pharmacies . I will write them an E-Mail now. If they don´t answer, until friday, then I will call them. Which is probably pretty expensive. And I didn´see Telegram, Signal or Whattsapp contact on their webpage. Do they have such a contact?
Anyways, thanks a lot.
In Cambodia generally sending e-mails is a waste of time. They kind of skipped that novelty and went straight into direct messaging or stuck to calling. But with The la Gare you might be lucky.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

TimDrake wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:53 pm
Kammekor wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:39 pm
Some sources say that a doctor´s letter in english is enough. Others claim it needs to be in french. Others hint that some drugs(meds) are just prohibited/impossible to legally import. Which probably is bs, because nearly all countries have lists like that, but they also have ways to import those narcotics/psychotropics/meds for personal use.
It's not BS, for example Adderall and all amphetamine based medications are banned in Cambodia. There are no exceptions to this, and they aren't going to let you import any for any reason.
Yes, you are absolutely right about that. If I knew that Morphine were illegal in Cambodia, in the way Aderall is, then I would know that entering the country would be impossible until I were to switch to a diffrent med. Something that is legal in Cambodia.
But if it is not otright illegal, I am pretty sure that bringing some ,exclusively for personal use, would be ok.
Do you know how to find out which medications and substances are outright banned, without exceptions? I only found a very long list of restricted goods, that contained evereything from breeding chicken over sandalwood to nuclear waste.
Does anyone know if Morphine is available in Cambodian pharmacies or if it is banned like Aderall?
Call Pharmacy de la Gare in Phnom Penh. They can tell you, they're probably the most reliable pharmacy in the country.
Thank you very much!!! I had not even though about contacting pharmacies . I will write them an E-Mail now. If they don´t answer, until friday, then I will call them. Which is probably pretty expensive. And I didn´see Telegram, Signal or Whattsapp contact on their webpage. Do they have such a contact?
Anyways, thanks a lot.
If you can’t call, try messenger. Most businesses in Cambodia are responsive on there.

https://www.facebook.com/PharmaciedelaGareCambodia/
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Morphine is available. It's expensive though.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
TimDrake
Tourist
Austria

Post by TimDrake »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:32 am Pharmacie de la Gare
Telegram No. +85511618258

Great. Than you!
TimDrake
Tourist
Austria

Post by TimDrake »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:22 am
Morphine is available. It's expensive though.

Thank you. That is probably all I need to know. At least to my knowlegde. From what I have gathered until now, the first step is to find out if a substance/medication is legal in the country. If it is, then a doctor´s note in english and french plus copies of the prescribtions and keeping the meds in their original packaging is enough.
I hope that is the case. Before I apply for a visa, I will continue my efforts for a few more days.

Thank you very much! Your reply was extremely helpful!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic