Watersports Amusement Park Project for Sihanoukville

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Watersports Amusement Park Project for Sihanoukville

Post by atst »

I can't wait just what I've been missing in Cambodia
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

rogerrabbit wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:52 pm Oh my this forum is full of negative nancies :facepalm:

Similar "amusement park" existed already in Otres beach some years ago. Run by westeners. Must have had so many deaths and only western families must have liked that kind of ghastly thing.

And practically every western country have atleast one similar plastic water sports park on their shores now days.
This ^. There was also a similar one opened not too long ago on the Kampot River (not Daung Te or Arcadia obviously but cannot recall its name).

https://www.facebook.com/Daung-TE-365975267176287/
https://www.arcadiabackpackers.com/home

Only the business-case is flimsy. For the one on Otres one had to purchase a $5 ticket on-shore and receive a sort of bracelet. If they use similar pricing half-a-million-dollars breaks even only after over 15 years with 100 daily paying visitors. The operation on Otres did not last long either but things like these can be moved.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I used the term 'ghastly' earlier in the sense of horrible looking. Didn't mean it in a 'deadly' sense. I can't imagine anything more ugly than coming out of that hotel, strolling to the beach and seeing all that. Not to mention the noise. Spoiling of a beach imo but obviously the hotel sees it as a good marketing/business ploy to attract people to stay with them (and others if it's not for exclusive use of hotel residents).

I do recall some sort of 'blow up castles and slides' for the kids on Otres several years ago. Is this the 'amusement park' referred to earlier that existed years ago? If so, that was a small affair compared to what is proposed here. They seemed to have crammed everything into 100x150m. Hot air balloon rides anyone? :lol:

Anyway, easy to avoid that place but it looks fugly imo. Good luck to them if they can get a return on $500,000.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

rogerrabbit wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:52 pm Similar "amusement park" existed already in Otres beach some years ago.
It was nothing like this proposal!
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:36 am
rogerrabbit wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:52 pm Similar "amusement park" existed already in Otres beach some years ago.
It was nothing like this proposal!
Well yes as it was only "blow up castles and slides". But the old one was 40 meters by 50 meters so it was not that small either. The new "blow up castles and slides" is 50 meters by 50 meters and then 60 meters for jet ski & banana boat rental area with 10 meters safe zones on both sides (numbers taken from the official proposal). And to be fair there used to be multiple jet ski rentals at old Otres too. Those just were not attached to the "blow up castles and slides" park.

But let's see how it will look in reality and if it will ever even materialize.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic