Job's, Job's, Job's. Workers Wanted

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Job's, Job's, Job's. Workers Wanted

Post by Tootsfriend »

On the Australian tv channel ABC tonight Four Corners will show how workers are desperately needed in Australia. A citrus farmer has thousands of trees loaded with fruit that need picking and cannot get workers to pick them so they are just falling on the ground rotting.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr.1G1 ... mneyBWmgY-

WorkWork
Work is arranged all year around. Transport is FREE to and from work. We do our best to get everyone good jobs.

It's the same in the building industry, with the past bush fires and floods and the present floods in the south east and southern states, there are just not enough qualified workers to renovate the flood damaged homes.

During Covid I arranged for a new light to be installed above my outside BBQ. A young girl, 20y plus and an older guy turned up to do it and in an effort to make conversation while they were installing it , I asked the older guy what it was like to have a female apprentice working for him. He looked at me and said , I'm the apprentice , only been in the job for 6 months, I was a co-pilot for a airline now redundant so have to learn a new skill. She was the qualified electrician.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Job's, Job's, Job's. Workers Wanted

Post by atst »

Trades that are working charge way over the top , I got two quotes for painting my place $12000 & $8000 my nextdoor nieghbour who's a painter did it for $3500 , two guys 2 and a half days work.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
TheImplication
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Job's, Job's, Job's. Workers Wanted

Post by TheImplication »

People are disillusioned with work now, and who can blame them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic