Work Permits in Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Work Permits in Phnom Penh

Post by takeoman »

Username Taken wrote:
pissey wrote:On another forum some expats claim to have work permits and seem very pleased with their purchase. I am not so sure if I want one. If you teach english at some crap school here, do you have to have one?
Apparently this is how it's going to be (or is) http://www.mlvt.gov.kh/news/announcement/news-on----80
Under the article you can download all the docs/forms.

:beer3:
This is addressed to employers, and once again states it is their responsibility to obtain the necessary documentation for any foreigners they employ. There is still total confusion over the status of retirees and those who don't work, as the Department of Immigration and the Ministry of Labour keep issuing contradictory statements. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Hard to take anything seriously from the idiot Cambodian lawmakers and their CPP cronies. Those punks tend to have a habit coming with random shits one morning and forget about it the next day. Anyone remember a few years ago where HE telling the cops to chop off school children's hair if dyed or deem inappropriate or prohibited kids from playing computer games at internet cafes. I could compile long list idiotic things these lobotomized nuts came up.

Regardless of whatever new law they came up with -- the answers will always varies. Now, I support the work permit but I dont like their motive. I dont know about companies, but I am willing to bet the majority of schools in the Kingdom don't pay their employees working visa. And those who work in the Kingdom as an Engrish teacher as their carrer, most dont have much alternative.

$100 isn't bad. But I personally wouldnt pay. I would just bs my way through when the immigration police turns up.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i can't even find anyone prepared to sell me one in SV so far.

they all say- do not need.
LOL
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Muon Tooit comes to mind.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic