ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Post by Big Daikon »

mannanman wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:45 am What about vegan teachers?

Waving Tofu around for a week.
Vegans.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: ACE School's Michael Strahan (Teacher Michael in Cambodia) Admits to Grooming Underage Student in Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:39 am
Kammekor wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:17 am
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:59 am I don't want my son taught by gays.
Your attitude might harm your son, you know?
How?

Here's another true story.

My son was at an international school where almost all of the male teaching staff are gay Filipinos. By that I mean full on queens walking around campus arm in arm with one another tittering and camping it up
That's inappropriate teacher behavior. Change school. When teachers are at school, they're not there for a walk in the park, they're on duty.
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:39 am Last year my son sat through a week of gay lectures for Pride Week at his school. (Yeah the gays have given themselves a week.) They also had to do a performance , while waving the LGBTQ rainbow flag about.

I didn't kick off but this didn't sit right with me the same way if they had Communist Week or Neo Nazi Week or even just Heterosexual Sex Week.
Gay lectures? For five year old's?
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:39 am I don't have a problem with homosexuals and should my son turn out to be gay I will love him just as much as I do now, which is unconditionally.
That was hard to deduct from your initial post. In that case you won't harm your son with this I guess.
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:39 am But I don't think gayness should be promoted as something desirable and cool to a six year old boy.
You had the feeling the 'Gay week' at your son's school was aiming for that? Convincing the kids being gay is something desirable? Another reason to change school if that's the case.
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:39 am I also think teachers should leave thier sexuality and political stance at home.
I agree. Teachers should try to teach as value free as possible, but unfortunately education is never totally value free. I am pretty sure your lecture about homosexuality (or any subject) would be slightly different from mine.
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:39 am Therefore I don't want my son taught by gays. Or anyone else with an agenda beyond education.
So gay teachers have an agenda beyond education?
I have been taught by a gay teacher in primary school for three years and never was aware of that until I met him at a reunion years later.

On the one hand you claim to totally OK with homosexuality, but on the other hand you seems to have some prejudices.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Straight people don’t feel the need to go around telling everyone they’re straight so why would gay people?

It’s natural that some students may ask the odd personal question of their teachers such as if they’re married or have kids. I don’t see why a gay teacher should feel the need to lie if they’re asked questions like this, in the same way straight teachers wouldn’t lie. But there’s a difference between that and prancing around shouting it from the rooftops.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:19 am
How?

My son was at an international school where almost all of the male teaching staff are gay Filipinos. By that I mean full on queens walking around campus arm in arm with one another tittering and camping it up
That's inappropriate teacher behavior. Change school. When teachers are at school, they're not there for a walk in the park, they're on duty.
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:39 am Last year my son sat through a week of gay lectures for Pride Week at his school. (Yeah the gays have given themselves a week.) They also had to do a performance , while waving the LGBTQ rainbow flag about.

I didn't kick off but this didn't sit right with me the same way if they had Communist Week or Neo Nazi Week or even just Heterosexual Sex Week.
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:39 am I don't have a problem with homosexuals and should my son turn out to be gay I will love him just as much as I do now, which is unconditionally.
That was hard to deduct from your initial post. In that case you won't harm your son with this I guess.
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:39 am But I don't think gayness should be promoted as something desirable and cool to a six year old boy.
You had the feeling the 'Gay week' at your son's school was aiming for that? Convincing the kids being gay is something desirable? Another reason to change school if that's the case.
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:39 am I also think teachers should leave thier sexuality and political stance at home.
I agree. Teachers should try to teach as value free as possible, but unfortunately education is never totally value free. I am pretty sure your lecture about homosexuality (or any subject) would be slightly different from mine.
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:39 am Therefore I don't want my son taught by gays. Or anyone else with an agenda beyond education.
I have been taught by a gay teacher in primary school for three years and never was aware of that until I met him at a reunion years later.

On the one hand you claim to totally OK with homosexuality, but on the other hand you seems to have some prejudices.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

I am okay with homosexuality - behind closed doors in the comfort of your own home. No issue at all. I am not okay with ultra camp teachers wearing it on their sleeve. If you are gay and want to behave in that way that's fine. Get a job as cabin crew for an airline or something. Education isn't for you.

As for your other comment. I was also taught by a gay teacher from the age of 8 to 13. He was a pedophile and used to enjoy rubbing his erect penis into you when he took you into his dark room. (He was into photography.) What's your point here?
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

pseudonomdeplume

How?

I think we all know what he's saying, and if his personal experiences arent fabricating, then what he's saying is justified, not that we are in any position to judge.

"On the one hand you claim to totally OK with homosexuality, but on the other hand you seems to have some prejudices."

On the one hand you seeing to be ok, even agree, with his statements and opinions, but on the other hand you seem to trying to justify your initial retaliation, rather than accepting that on further reflection, you are both on the same side of the debate.

You eventually have only been left with "you seems to have some prejudices," having run out of ammunition.

When you're in a hole...
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:51 am

I am okay with homosexuality - behind closed doors in the comfort of your own home. No issue at all. I am not okay with ultra camp teachers wearing it on their sleeve. If you are gay and want to behave in that way that's fine. Get a job as cabin crew for an airline or something. Education isn't for you.

As for your other comment. I was also taught by a gay teacher from the age of 8 to 13. He was a pedophile and used to enjoy rubbing his erect penis into you when he took you into his dark room. (He was into photography.) What's your point here?
That's a terrible experience. My father has been abused by a Catholic (gay) priest when he was in his early years too.

My point is the assumption gay teachers by default have an agenda is wrong. But I can imagine terrible experiences will change one's view on this.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Kammekor wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:26 pm
That's a terrible experience. My father has been abused by a Catholic (gay) priest when he was in his early years too.

My point is the assumption gay teachers by default have an agenda is wrong. But I can imagine terrible experiences will change one's view on this.
It really wasn't that terrible because I grew up in an era where everything wasn't totally over dramatized and spewed all over social media (which didn't exist.) Everyone knew he was a pedo, parents included, and he eventually he got sacked for his vile antics.

There is no assumption gay teachers are more likely to be pedos. Not from me anyway.

I just don't want in-your-face overt homosexuals teaching my son, along with my son having to wave a rainbow flag about on Pride Week at school.

Same way I wouldn't want my daughter posting twerk videos on TikTok and I certainly wouldn't want the school to promote this sexualized behavior on Tik Tok as something aspirational and cool and righteous.

The school already allows and promotes the girls to do choreographed dance numbers some of which are in my opinion totally inappropriate for girls on the cusp of puberty

Why am I against all this?

Children are very impressionable and I want my children to come to thier own conclusions about thier sexual preferences rather than be coerced into possibly behaving in a manner which isn't them and which will cause them confusion, cringing discomfort and a loss of confidence in the coming years.

Or maybe I am just some prudent old fashioned grumpy old fucker.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

If not for the expense, there would be two teachers in every class, to pull each other's head in, if required. Or maybe a monitor that sits in the corner.
If there isn't already, CCTV will be required in every classroom.
RoboProf.
I would have thought teaching in Cambodia would be easier than back home because it is not mandatory so, the pupils are there because they want to learn.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:41 am If not for the expense, there would be two teachers in every class, to pull each other's head in, if required. Or maybe a monitor that sits in the corner.
If there isn't already, CCTV will be required in every classroom.
RoboProf.
More people in classroom is a great idea, but not for this reason. From my experience the actual abuse doesn't generally take place in the classroom with well over 20 witnesses present.
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:41 am I would have thought teaching in Cambodia would be easier than back home because it is not mandatory so, the pupils are there because they want to learn.
I think teaching in Cambodia can be pretty difficult because everything's for sale here, plus the whole 'not losing face' thing. Very tough to deal with that kind of sh*t in class, especially when you have upper or middle class kids in your class.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic