The War in Ukraine - Updates and Info

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: The War in Ukraine - Updates and Info

Post by atst »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:40 pm Had a video chat with one of my ex-military brothers who has gone over to assist in the Ukraine last night, air raid sirens started blaring so we had to cut the chat short unfortunately
He wouldn't want the Russians to get a hold of him.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
pootylicious
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pootylicious »

Damn this thread died out like the Ukrainian offensive
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Here's some excellent footage of the bridge to Crimea getting blasted today

Some reports said it was a truck explosion. From the video it's hard to be certain
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^^ Excuse my ignorance, but what are the ramifications of the bridge to Crimea getting blasted?
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:19 pm ^^^ Excuse my ignorance, but what are the ramifications of the bridge to Crimea getting blasted?
Now if he wants to supply his troops he has to go up and around - and face hostility on the way, as opposed to over the bridge through crimea

(And Maybe Ukraine will retake Crimea)

Edit “ Ukrainian Major General Dmytro Marchenko made an announcement in June that Kerch Bridge should be the country's "number one target," calling it an “umbilical cord” that allows for the transfer of military reinforcements to Russia. Marchenko went on to assert that Ukrainian forces should outright “cut it off” being that the bridge acts as a route through which reserve forces are brought to Russia and that Russia would panic if it did so.” source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ru ... ar-AAZePdy (the dreaded msn)
Last edited by violet on Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Username Taken wrote:^^^ Excuse my ignorance, but what are the ramifications of the bridge to Crimea getting blasted?
Russia moves almost everything by rail. When roads are impassible, rail keeps moving. Russian rail size is different from European rail.

Part of the reason why the Ukraine invasion bogged down. Russian rail lines ended and everything had to be moved by truck (and ambushed).

Crimea was previously though to be untouchable.

Now even rail is vulnerable.

Now Russia will have to divert defenses from the front to protect those lines.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:19 pm ^^^ Excuse my ignorance, but what are the ramifications of the bridge to Crimea getting blasted?
Supply lines and isolation?
The territory will be difficult for the Russians to support, but they are the ones desperate to keep it, or at least the pretence of controlling it. The Crimea has been a hot propaganda topic for some time.
The troops and materiel there will be ineffective in reinforcing any nearby actions that find themselves in a corner. The occupying forces are split up, and any efforts at supporting them involve slow moving logistics lines in predictable locations. They’ll be besieged. With winter coming. All the time that the krumblin are demonstrating the nation’s regard and care of its own, anyone here may have quite a while to consider exactly how important they are on a human level to their own masters.

From a Ukraine point of view, it’s a big propaganda item, and yet one which does not need to be fully resolved just yet.

As for the bridge explosion- I thought I saw in another clip what seemed like an approaching flare, that might indicate a rocket or two.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Two (2) men from Russia sailed sailed to Alaska a few days ago seeking asylum in order to escape from having to fight. Apparently they are in Anchorage now being vetted.
Kangaruchi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kangaruchi »

According to reports the railway bridge will be repaired and operational by Sunday morning.
There are 2 vehicle bridges, 2 spans of 1 collapsed but the pylons are intact so can be repaired, which will take a bit of time, as for the 2nd one I assume it has suffered some damage.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

It is a major artery for Russian forces who control most of southern Ukraine's Kherson region, and for the Russian naval port of Sevastopol, whose governor told locals: "Keep calm. Don't panic."

Happy Birthday mr President

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ru ... 022-10-08/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic