“Minor attracted persons” coming for your kids soon.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: “Minor attracted persons” coming for your kids soon.

Post by John Bingham »

ItWasntMe wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:48 pm
xandreu wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:43 pm
violet wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:37 pm If we’re going to talk about it can we label it correctly? Grates me when people are labelled pedophiles (pre pubescent attracted) when they are actually either Hebephiles (pubescent 11-14) or Ephebophiles (mid to late adolescent - 15 and over)
It's strange that I just recently saw a comedy sketch where the comedian was explaining the differences between these terms, and ended it by pointing out that the reason nobody knows them is because you can't explain them to anyone without sounding like a paedophile yourself.

I thought he had a point.
Comedy is comedy.

Pedophilia is being attracted to prepubertal children. Not 17 year olds who are developed into young adults and might only be missing days or months until they can legally be doing double anal for Brazzers. It's a huge difference for anyone with half a brain.
Whatever about the nuances , there's a larger point here which the chap in question seems to completely miss. Teachers are in a position of trust and should not abuse that position. It doesn't matter if the student is 17 and three quarters or 23. It doesn't matter what gender or sexuality the parties are. Even if the teacher and student are close in age they can never be peers. One is in a position of power and should show responsibility. It is absolutely not appropriate to flirt and "joke" about dating students when they are "old enough", invite them to bars (Blue Chilli was mentioned) or try to bring up how you have been masturbating more because you can't hook up due to COVID. Teachers should not fraternize with their students, they should be friendly but keep professional and draw a clear line in the sand.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

^ yes, and that is clearly laid out by ACE to employees.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

So basically everyone is losing his shit over the translation from Greek- Latin rooted words to English words, because one is exactly the translation of the other, and that's the point of smoothly normalizing it with an intelligible way of saying it so people can know how calling them, but without the disgust connotation attached to it ^^

I blame the lack of Latin and Greek etymology in schools language classes before all, with a scoop of politically-correct-speaking fashion over it, to make it look like a new concept, fashionable.
I don't mind paedos to be called minor attracted persons, because that's what they are.
But for the one who's gonna test me using one expression or another to deflect the heat from the deep insane meaning behind it, well, bad luck, he/she/whatever is going to fully get the appreciation of daring to take such a risk when evocating the legitimacy of his/her/whateverish claim about respect for those sickos, or even worse, practice.

Sometimes it's worth to thoroughly pre-check the meaning of the words we use, because it may go wrong.
Some acquaintance of mine, Sweetlight, launched a single LP, as he is an electronic music producer, with the title "Abusator" which is a twist of the word "Abuse" + suffix "or", meaning "over-abusing", in 80's French slang.
Over abusing about anything (bumping cigarettes, eating too much, whatever) when it's too much, it's "abusator".

Well in Brasil the single didn't sold, because "abusator" means "Paedo".
Ooops.

Whatever the naming /rebranding, just focus on the meaning then punch, really, if so.
Maybe it shall take a few questions to narrow it down to what the person is actually saying, but i guess this person is gonna start to sweat at the first question anyway, it's passing or not passing straightaway, binary style, with this kind of predatory chit chat guess game that they will try to have so they can test if doable. An expression like that is gonna be a big step to step down to, when spotted and questionned.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Michael Strahan has his own topic here: newsworthy/ace-school-michael-strahan-t ... 51605.html

(one of his memes)
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:58 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:48 pm
xandreu wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:43 pm
violet wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:37 pm If we’re going to talk about it can we label it correctly? Grates me when people are labelled pedophiles (pre pubescent attracted) when they are actually either Hebephiles (pubescent 11-14) or Ephebophiles (mid to late adolescent - 15 and over)
It's strange that I just recently saw a comedy sketch where the comedian was explaining the differences between these terms, and ended it by pointing out that the reason nobody knows them is because you can't explain them to anyone without sounding like a paedophile yourself.

I thought he had a point.
Comedy is comedy.

Pedophilia is being attracted to prepubertal children. Not 17 year olds who are developed into young adults and might only be missing days or months until they can legally be doing double anal for Brazzers. It's a huge difference for anyone with half a brain.
Whatever about the nuances , there's a larger point here which the chap in question seems to completely miss. Teachers are in a position of trust and should not abuse that position. It doesn't matter if the student is 17 and three quarters or 23. It doesn't matter what gender or sexuality the parties are. Even if the teacher and student are close in age they can never be peers. One is in a position of power and should show responsibility. It is absolutely not appropriate to flirt and "joke" about dating students when they are "old enough", invite them to bars (Blue Chilli was mentioned) or try to bring up how you have been masturbating more because you can't hook up due to COVID. Teachers should not fraternize with their students, they should be friendly but keep professional and draw a clear line in the sand.
I agree but note this thread is not exclusively about him, I was commenting on the individual post.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic