Coolio is in Gangsta's Paradise

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Coolio is in Gangsta's Paradise

Post by hanno »

Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Coolio is in Gangsta's Paradise

Post by Big Daikon »

ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Is it just me that was surprised he was still alive to begin with? Seems like forever ago the era of his music.

R.I.P
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

ItWasntMe wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:38 am Is it just me that was surprised he was still alive to begin with? Seems like forever ago the era of his music.

R.I.P
Peak commercial success was mid 90's

Still toured and released music himself and as collabs until his death because he was kinda broke

This is a Coolio song from 2019 made with one of the better rap duo's in Dublin

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I'm a huge fan of his earlier work with WC & the Maad Circle and 40 Thevz, his debut album "It Takes a Thief" is a classic, and definitely his best work, I still listen to this album regularly. His commercial success with the "Gangsta's Paradise" single was his rise and fall, whilst there were some great tracks on the album of the same name, everything else he released after that album was mediocre.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

He really was cool, after a performance in Preston, England, he met some students on a night out, offered to come to their place the following night to cook for them, did exactly that, and jammed with them.

RIP.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:04 pm I'm a huge fan of his earlier work with WC & the Maad Circle and 40 Thevz, his debut album "It Takes a Thief" is a classic, and definitely his best work, I still listen to this album regularly. His commercial success with the "Gangsta's Paradise" single was his rise and fall, whilst there were some great tracks on the album of the same name, everything else he released after that album was mediocre.
Did not know his earlier work, it's pretty damn good! Thanks for pointing it out :)
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

ItWasntMe wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:27 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:04 pm I'm a huge fan of his earlier work with WC & the Maad Circle and 40 Thevz, his debut album "It Takes a Thief" is a classic, and definitely his best work, I still listen to this album regularly. His commercial success with the "Gangsta's Paradise" single was his rise and fall, whilst there were some great tracks on the album of the same name, everything else he released after that album was mediocre.
Did not know his earlier work, it's pretty damn good! Thanks for pointing it out :)

If it's that damn good, you sing the words and I'll hum the tune. The only words I know about rap music is, rap is crap.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Tootsfriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:45 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:27 pm

If it's that damn good, you sing the words and I'll hum the tune. The only words I know about rap music is, rap is crap.
Go tie me kangaroo down, sport
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

Chad Sexington wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:40 pm ...to cook for them, did exactly that...
RIP.
Should have been pretty good. AFAIK he sold the rights to his back catalogue atthe time to pursue a new career as professional chef.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic