It happened; RIP AndyKK

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: It could just happen

Post by AndyKK »

simon43 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:52 pm
AndyKK wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:04 pm
violet wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:56 am A link for information on bedsores xx

https://www.suvitas.com/services/bedsore-management/
Okay now I can speak of the other problem now it's been confirmed and it is now being treated, I also understand the doctor about the virus in the blood, my late partner was in the same situation, because I had her tested from one hospital to the next, she came in contact when she had fluid drained from her liver. I suspect I have been subject to similar situation due to it being a common problem in
Cambodia due to poor medical conditions (unclean needles).
So I have unfortunately HIV, I will have blood tests in, ten days time to assess updates of the situation, mainly the situation of the virus, if it has gone the doctor will do the necessary paperwork to allow me to travel and be allowed into my own country.
Hi, this post raises red flags for me, because I cared closely for my 18 year old Thai niece a few months ago who had HIV and tuberculosis, an opportunistic lung disease often present in those with HIV. Her outcome was not good :(

The primary reason why was because the HIV medication was too strong for her weakened body. So it is very important that you eat healthy food and also a lot of (perhaps) unhealthy food, to build up your body weight, strength and immune system. My niece was being fed with nutella, peanuts etc, as much as possible to increase her body weight, as well as high-vitamin milk, protein drinks etc. Live yogurt for healthy gut bacteria and try to deep breath every day (I have aspergillosis - fungal spores in my lungs - for 25 years, and I found that deep breathing improves the strength and health of my lungs). I know perhaps that you just want to lie in bed and rest, but IMHO you need to push yourself to walk/crawl a few steps, deep breath, collapse in bed, and then do it again...
I agree with all you write in your post, sorry for your loss too. I had to explain to the doctor to stop looking too far into the x-rays due to anti drug resistance tuberculosis in 2000.
The thing is I can't walk or get out of bed. But my helper exercise my legs everyday,
Eating I now have no problem with my appetite. It's a difficult situation! But I will try my best not to give up, I wish to thank you for your positive informative advice.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Now they put me in ICU! Yes I agree I have not been very well over a little time, but there's no fucking way I am staying in a room costing me $60 per night.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

[quote="John Bingham" post_id=563238 time=1664031286 user_id=1148]
[quote=AndyKK post_id=563215 time=1664013880 user_id=8330]
I suspect I have been subject to similar situation due to it being a common problem in Cambodia due to poor medical conditions (unclean needles).
[/quote]

Whose unclean needles? It's not fair to blame the health system for junkie business. 8-)
[/quote]
But with having Nak have a blood test before and after each hospital and private clinic I think it's a sure thing to pin point where she has received the HIV.
And you can please tell me John about the health system you said I am blaming, first off you know that it's pretty rife here, and it was not long ago when "HE" addressed the problem.
Also please don't imply that I and Nak were junkies.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:23 pm Now they put me in ICU! Yes I agree I have not been very well over a little time, but there's no fucking way I am staying in a room costing me $60 per night.
They? meaning the drs?

you must be getting worse for some reason if they need place you in ICU, Did you relapse or>>> bad meds? pain?

Andy, all i can say is keep eating and positive thinking
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

What a load of shit! The doctor's have just been in and said no one will treat you, and no one is treating you before. They are holding me against my will. I was sleeping when the nurses came in to change the IV, they had problem's. Also I had a little fever. Now the doctor said if I go back to the other room that They would not give me oxygen.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I have nothing of substance to say but I can’t just leave your comment unacknowledged.

I’m so sorry you are in this situation and really can’t escape it. I know I would struggle to accept it for myself.

Thinking of you (for all the good that does) and wish there was something someone could do.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

this thread is an upsetting read knowing what youre going through my friend, and i cant be there to help you again, but you know you can drop me a message anytime mate
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

This evening the doctor's say that I need to blood donations for tomorrow
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:37 pm

Whose unclean needles? It's not fair to blame the health system for junkie business. 8-)
But with having Nak have a blood test before and after each hospital and private clinic I think it's a sure thing to pin point where she has received the HIV.
And you can please tell me John about the health system you said I am blaming, first off you know that it's pretty rife here, and it was not long ago when "HE" addressed the problem.
Also please don't imply that I and Nak were junkies.
I didn't mean to, I'm just wondering how both of ended up with HIV?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:20 pm This evening the doctor's say that I need to blood donations for tomorrow
what??? whats ur blood type?
all those that stepped up to help Nak, still in PP< willing to donate again?
No blood bank?
Seems ur going from bad to good back to worse>
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Locked Previous topicNext topic