MOON LANDING HOAX CONFESSION

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: MOON LANDING HOAX CONFESSION

Post by Freightdog »

truffledog wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:28 pm
Freightdog wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:56 pm
Here’s a link to what is in the Boeings I fly, now.
https://www.geaviation.com/sites/defaul ... asheet.pdf
Looks like a stadard home pc of many years ago.
Jokingly referred to as the Commodore 64 navigation system
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

The Lunar Lander’s computer failed just before touch down on the moon. NASA had anticipated such an issue and the machine was designed to self reboot in such an event.

The last Saturn V rocket (when the Apollo program was cancelled) was converted into Skylab, the first US Space Station.

The space race was a giant project that involved the best and brightest and the resources of an entire nation.

To claim moon landings are a hoax would be similar to claiming World War 2 never happened.

That’s my opinion.
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:48 pm The Lunar Lander’s computer failed just before touch down on the moon. NASA had anticipated such an issue and the machine was designed to self reboot in such an event.

The last Saturn V rocket (when the Apollo program was cancelled) was converted into Skylab, the first US Space Station.

The space race was a giant project that involved the best and brightest and the resources of an entire nation.

To claim moon landings are a hoax would be similar to claiming World War 2 never happened.

That’s my opinion.
Operation Paperclip
pebbles&nightsky
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:56 pm
Chad Sexington wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:39 pm I’ve always kept an open mind regarding the moon landing being genuine, but it’s strange that in 50 years they’ve never been back to the moon.
Is it because it was a hoax, and to actually go there might expose that fact? imagine if astronauts don’t really appear to be bouncing on springs when walking on the moon, or if clouds of dust billow up into the air on each footstep, or that flags float upwards.
If it indeed was a hoax, perhaps there’s an agreement that an actual attempt will not be made until after all those involved in the hoax are no longer living?
They went back five times.

Moon landing conspiracies are totally retarded; even the Russians and the Chinese acknowledge that they happened - and both those nations landed unmanned missions on the moon as part of the space race

In fact; it's been whispered that a Soviet mission did in fact land men on the moon but it wasn't a success and they died there

Anyhow, the lunar reconnaissance orbiter has mapped the moon and has images of the varied footprints left by the 12 people who walked there over six separate missions. It's also possible to see the surveyor 3 probe that's there since 1967

There's all sort of functioning equipment, including seismographs there that was taken by these missions, there's thousands of photos of all missions and we brought back loads of lunar dust and rocks

It's a piss poor conspiracy - there's simply too much supporting independent evidence from all around the globe for it to be credible

I love a good conspiracy - but this one is pish
I did say I’ve kept an open mind, I didn’t say the moon landings were a hoax, it was more a hypothetical theory as to why there was no return visits in half a century. Had it had been a hoax, the theory could be feasible.
Would it have been so difficult to take a quick trip back there in recent years, live-stream everything, and shut all the doubters up once and for all😉
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

I have no doubt many people think it's a fake, as many people believe in cults in general, that make them believe in incredible stuff.
Also, when we sum-up what ancient civilizations knew about stars positions and all, i guess we could go to the moon with very limited computer resources, as long as it's been well prepared beforehand.

But yeah, why wait so long to go back etc ?
Maybe all the money was allocated to other developments in each leading countries and conflicts, distracting them to spend in priority on this ? It's not the possibility that this could be a hoax that bugs me so much, but the hoaxes and potential hoaxes leading to wars, with money allocations plans for such deeds.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

The computer was for guidance. The guidance is just mathematical number crunching to achieve the navigational route that the fellas with the slide rules had already established. A very specific set of tasks. The clever bit was working out what those tasks would be prior to going, and then the human intervention when things turned out to be off plan.

NKOTB: The computer didn’t really fail as I understand it, it just reached the limit of its computing and memory capability. Memory overflows. Plus two guys were there to intervene.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

There is no ‘quick trip back’ to the Moon. It is a multi-day trip there and back. Ridiculously expensive and time consuming.

At the time, putting men on the Moon first was the national priority by President Kennedy. Resources similar to going to war were spent on the endeavor. Men walked on the moon not just once, but several times. After that goal was reached, there was no more urgency. The war in Vietnam took priority as well as the war on poverty. Space exploration withered.

In the 1980s, President Reagan brought the shuttle program, ‘Star Wars’ as well as the beginnings of the International Space Station. He also funded an attempt at interstellar travel. (Not possible with the technology at the time.)

The reason the US is going back to the Moon this time is to prepare for Mars. Skills learned there - living on the Moon, etc., not just visiting, will be put on the multi month journey there and back to Mars.

I am certain after humanity gets to Mars, there will be those who claim it is all a hoax as well.

NB. NASA never just sends a few astronauts. There are whole volumes of pre-thought out what ifs training and manuals each person takes with them.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

There was even a movie about a faked Mars landing in 1977.

From Wikipedia:
Peter Hyams began thinking about a film of a space hoax while working on broadcasts of the Apollo missions for CBS. He later reflected regarding the Apollo 11 Moon landing, "There was one event of really enormous importance that had almost no witnesses. And the only verification we have ... came from a TV camera."[2]

He later elaborated:

"Whenever there was something on the news about a [space flight], they would cut to a studio in St. Louis where there was a simulation of what was going on. I grew up in the generation where my parents basically believed if it was in the newspaper it was true. That turned out to be bullshit. My generation was brought up to believe television was true, and that was bullshit too. So I was watching these simulations and I wondered what would happen if someone faked a whole story."[3]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic