ER visa (retirement visa in Cambodia)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: ER visa (retirement visa in Cambodia)

Post by Kammekor »

pokerman wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:26 pm how long does the process take to obtain the one year visa
For 24h service add 70-100$ to the non formal 285$ fee. Non formal fee can take anywhere between 1-4 weeks depending on how busy and the number of Hollidays.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

290 plus 70 at Marany. The place functions as a clearance center for other agents who drop off and pick up their passport business. Order placed before 9 AM will be ready 8 AM next morning and there is a chance to get the same evening at around 7 PM just when they close. Using Marany saves time and eliminates one source for potential problems. Lucky quoted 295.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Pizzalover wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:42 am 290 plus 70 at Marany. The place functions as a clearance center for other agents who drop off and pick up their passport business. Order placed before 9 AM will be ready 8 AM next morning and there is a chance to get the same evening at around 7 PM just when they close. Using Marany saves time and eliminates one source for potential problems. Lucky quoted 295.
I always use marany, have done for 7 years, never had an issue and they always communicate well.
wanderer7777
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wanderer7777 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:41 pm 1. You must enter the country on an E-type (Ordinary) Visa, $35 on arrival, valid for 1 month

2. Prior to your Visa expiry date, go to a Visa agency and apply for an Extension of Stay (EOS). There are different EOS categories available, the main ones are;

- EB (Business/Employment) EOS - 1,3,6,12 month options, can be renewed indefinitely
- ER (Retirement) EOS - 1,3,6,12 month options, can be renewed indefinitely
- ES (Student) EOS - 1,3,6,12 month options, can be renewed indefinitely
- EG (General - seeking employment/business opportunities) - 1,3,6 month options - 1 time deal, cannot be renewed in-country

Only 6 & 12 month options valid for multi-entry/exit.

Each EOS category has it's own supporting documentation requirements, but minimum requirements for all are;

- Valid passport with minimum 6 months validity remaining from the date the EOS will expire ie. If applying for 12 mth EOS, you need at least 18 months validity remaining on your passport
- Minimum 2x blank Visa pages in passport
- 1x Passport pic
- Completed EOS application form (most agents will complete on your behalf)
- FPCS details screenshot

For the ER (Retirement) EOS:
- If aged 55+ and applying via a Visa agency, no additional supporting documentation is required
- If aged under 55 and applying via a Visa Agency, proof of retirement and sufficient funds are required
- If applying directly via the DoI, the supporting documentation requirements are extensive and strict

Costs if applying via a Visa agency (price depends on agency and location);
- 1 mth EOS = $45 - 55
- 3 mth EOS = $70 - 90
- 6 mth EOS = $150 - 170
- 12 mth EOS = $270 - 300

There is no standard processing time, average is 7-10 business days, but you should allow up to 14 business days, anything less is a bonus. If you need it quickly, you can pay an additional $70 - 100 for express processing (next day) when applying via a Visa Agency.

*You also can apply for your EOS directly at the Department of Immigration (DoI) Visa Office in Pochentong, Phnom Penh, but only if you have all of the necessary supporting documentation, which they are very strict about. Official fee for a 12 month EOS applying directly is $180.
Good post.. but im concerned. i just came back from my usual travel agent that ive been usng for ER visa EOS for 3 years and this time for some reason she didnt take a screen shot or copy of my current FPCS .. I didnt realize it until later , called next day. she dont worry i took care of it. would not tell me how. doesnt she need that to give to immigration?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@wanderer7777, the agent probably just added you to their registered FPCS account like many of them do, or maybe the DoI are finally starting to learn to rely on their system rather than the applicants needing to provide a screenshot, either way nothing to be concerned about, if the agent does need it from you they'll let you know.
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

If entering at Cham Yeam, near Koh Kong, immigration are asking for 2,000 THB for an E type visa. Also want proof of retirement.

My friend just stood there holding the $35 and they made the mistake of inviting him into the air conditioned room and giving him a seat. They then looked in his passport and saw it full of Cambodians stamps.
My friend had food and drink from the 7 with him and was quiet happy taking a break from traveling.

They kept dropping the price tho this one guy got fairly angry. Didn't need proof of retirement either. They are new staff there now. Seem to be worse than the previous

So, if getting ripped off there just be prepared to wait.

Also pay THB 20 for temperature check at the first window. She was very cute.
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

cautious colin wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:54 am
Pizzalover wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:42 am 290 plus 70 at Marany. The place functions as a clearance center for other agents who drop off and pick up their passport business. Order placed before 9 AM will be ready 8 AM next morning and there is a chance to get the same evening at around 7 PM just when they close. Using Marany saves time and eliminates one source for potential problems. Lucky quoted 295.
I always use marany, have done for 7 years, never had an issue and they always communicate well.
Hi

I googled Marany but nothing came up. Do you have an address please?
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

kagi wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:20 pm
cautious colin wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:54 am
Hi

I googled Marany but nothing came up. Do you have an address please?
Marany Travel Agency
https://maps.app.goo.gl/xgwHMTEcPXLCVewp9?g_st=ic
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

Thanks.

Don't know what happened to my Google.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:41 pm 1. You must enter the country on an E-type (Ordinary) Visa, $35 on arrival, valid for 1 month

2. Prior to your Visa expiry date, go to a Visa agency and apply for an Extension of Stay (EOS). There are different EOS categories available, the main ones are;

- EB (Business/Employment) EOS - 1,3,6,12 month options, can be renewed indefinitely
- ER (Retirement) EOS - 1,3,6,12 month options, can be renewed indefinitely
- ES (Student) EOS - 1,3,6,12 month options, can be renewed indefinitely
- EG (General - seeking employment/business opportunities) - 1,3,6 month options - 1 time deal, cannot be renewed in-country

Only 6 & 12 month options valid for multi-entry/exit.

Each EOS category has it's own supporting documentation requirements, but minimum requirements for all are;

- Valid passport with minimum 6 months validity remaining from the date the EOS will expire ie. If applying for 12 mth EOS, you need at least 18 months validity remaining on your passport
- Minimum 2x blank Visa pages in passport
- 1x Passport pic
- Completed EOS application form (most agents will complete on your behalf)
- FPCS details screenshot

For the ER (Retirement) EOS:
- If aged 55+ and applying via a Visa agency, no additional supporting documentation is required
- If aged under 55 and applying via a Visa Agency, proof of retirement and sufficient funds are required
- If applying directly via the DoI, the supporting documentation requirements are extensive and strict

Costs if applying via a Visa agency (price depends on agency and location);
- 1 mth EOS = $45 - 55
- 3 mth EOS = $70 - 90
- 6 mth EOS = $150 - 170
- 12 mth EOS = $270 - 300

There is no standard processing time, average is 7-10 business days, but you should allow up to 14 business days, anything less is a bonus. If you need it quickly, you can pay an additional $70 - 100 for express processing (next day) when applying via a Visa Agency.

*You also can apply for your EOS directly at the Department of Immigration (DoI) Visa Office in Pochentong, Phnom Penh, but only if you have all of the necessary supporting documentation, which they are very strict about. Official fee for a 12 month EOS applying directly is $180.
May I ask you for some information sir as you steered me right in the past. My wife is currently on an EB, multiple entry visa, which expires Jan 24th, 2023. She must however return home to Indonesia for business next week and won't return here until around early Feb (so visa would've expired). Therefore, is it ok if she applies for an ordinary visa-$35 on arrival here, then extends to one year again after 30 days? Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic