Goodbye, Queen Elizabeth II

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Goodbye, Queen Elizabeth II

Post by Freightdog »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:50 am Thankfully that is done with now.

The media coverage has been nauseating, even when avoiding 99% of it

Normal life may resume

Betcha Charles doesn't get a fraction of the grief when he pops his clogs in ten years time
I’ll betcha Charles doesn’t want it. Or the intrusive coverage, the desperate need these days to know everything about the things we don’t actually need to know about. It’s my take that he’s a bit more in touch than many give him credit for, with how things may have to, need to develop, not just for the crown, but also the crown’s position within public recognition, and therefore the country as a whole, and the commonwealth.
Governments come and go, and very clearly in the last few decades the quality of candidate for leader of each government has been rather unsettled for want of a better word. Less duty, more appearance.
Meanwhile, the queen has been something of a rock. More duty. It’s not been plain sailing, but I feel she’s always been there. Whether by some tangible example, or more likely as some unseen influence. Each government has always had someone to look to, to defer to, somewhere to be brought back to focus. Someone that they held respect for, even if there was little self respect.

I don’t hold out much hope for several elections to come if there isn’t that guide.

As for the media coverage being nauseating- I find it so with just about any major event that’s reported. It’s over reported. People’s curiosity is no longer simply satisfied, it’s over-encouraged, overfed, tolerated to excess. Just about everything has been levelled to near soap opera standard.

I’ve always been in favour of monarchy, and despite some of the negativity of recent related events, I’m more certain than ever of that feeling. I cannot see an England exist in any recognisable form without it, let alone the UK.
So, as much as I seriously dislike much about the UK and what it now is as a whole, I willingly say - God Save the King.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Scored the top job at 73 & will have to work for the rest of his life :beer2:
Fu%k that! :hattip:
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Mary Queen of Scots got her chopped off, my queen as far as I'm concerned. The parting gift of the English Queen was to give 12 milion quid of the peasants money to bail out her paedeophile son. Head of the English church and every child she had despite their privilege has had a failed marriage and are a disgrace to the nation. The good news for them is they can fuck off to Val De Ser for the skiing season, they can write childrens books for a million a pop, they can even slag of the establishment they were born into and still make millions for doing nothing other being a Royal.

I thought Thailand was bad for licking boots, but the UK has reached a whole new level of bending over for the establishment. It's the worst I've ever seen since Maggie and her Falklands war. A failed nation.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Yobbo wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:57 pm Scored the top job at 73 & will have to work for the rest of his life :beer2:
Fu%k that! :hattip:
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:06 pm
I’ve always been in favour of monarchy, and despite some of the negativity of recent related events, I’m more certain than ever of that feeling. I cannot see an England exist in any recognisable form without it, let alone the UK.
So, as much as I seriously dislike much about the UK and what it now is as a whole, I willingly say - God Save the King.
I see an Irish flag but comments of a DUP man. My mind is blown.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Normal life may resume

Betcha Charles doesn't get a fraction of the grief when he pops his clogs in ten years time
Has your life been made abnormal since QE died? Was that 1% of your newsfeed so debilitating?

Or are you just bloviating about something that doesn't have any impact on you whatsoever?

Does this even affect you? Are you a Brit or from a commonwealth country?

If not, what vexes you so?

Please accept our apologies for nauseating you - despite such a low dosage - and feel free to stop thinking about it and spitting your bilious projectile onto people who understand these matters better.

Have a nice weekend now free from that cruel 1%.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:38 pm

Normal life may resume

Has your life been made abnormal since QE died? Was that 1% of your newsfeed so debilitating?

Or are you just bloviating about something that doesn't have any impact on you whatsoever?

Does this even affect you? Are you a Brit or from a commonwealth country?

If not, what vexes you so?

Please accept our apologies for nauseating you - despite such a low dosage - and feel free to stop thinking about it and spitting your bilious projectile onto people who understand these matters better.

Have a nice weekend now free from that cruel 1%.
Apology accepted brit bong :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic