US & the holocaust

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: US & the holocaust

Post by Big Daikon »

bossho wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:42 am @Big Daikon He looks like a complete assclown. His shirt is incendiary and a pathetic testament to poor education. Respectable civilian men would stop him and ask him to cover up the offensive part, maybe even offer to kick his silly, juvenile ass too. Authorities can also make that request given his clothing is grossly offensive to the point of inevitable violence. The same also goes for all the a holes out there with facial tattoos that contain gross obscenities. No Supreme Court judgements allow for either the 1st or 2nd amendment rights to be used (manipulated) to the point where other people's basic rights are seriously infringed upon.
What? It's an article of clothing. That justifies violence?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I always love programs that paints the US (and the West in general) as the sole boogeyman responsible for all the misery in the world. The world does that just fine.

Look deeper.

There was world wide discrimination against the Jews and other minorities for centuries. Pogroms in Russia, for example. Wide spread belief after World War 1 that the Jews (and other undesirables) were the Merchants of Death, ie, war profiteers that some love to rail against.

The Germans took the problem to a cold, efficient solution.

It was so brutal that it shocked the world.

And made surviving Jews in Europe come to conclusion that they needed a country that would not try to kill them, a homeland.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Big Daikon wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:38 am
bossho wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:42 am @Big Daikon He looks like a complete assclown. His shirt is incendiary and a pathetic testament to poor education. Respectable civilian men would stop him and ask him to cover up the offensive part, maybe even offer to kick his silly, juvenile ass too. Authorities can also make that request given his clothing is grossly offensive to the point of inevitable violence. The same also goes for all the a holes out there with facial tattoos that contain gross obscenities. No Supreme Court judgements allow for either the 1st or 2nd amendment rights to be used (manipulated) to the point where other people's basic rights are seriously infringed upon.
What? It's an article of clothing. That justifies violence?
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

@Big Daikon You're just baiting. No response required.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

bossho wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:19 am @Big Daikon You're just baiting. No response required.
I am challenging you. Suggesting violence over a shirt is quite ridiculous. Granted, political discourse nowadays is ridiculous.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

bossho wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:19 am @Big Daikon You're just baiting. No response required.
Hi, my name is @Big Daikon . i am a dude who likes to play devils advocate because other people's struggles are theoretical to me. Its fun to debate their right to exist.
While i am here, i would like to center my voice and perspectives about a cause that means little to nothing to me

i am here to take up all the oxygen in the room. I have no interest in learning, Your frustration is my ultimate goal

fuck outta here bro.. smh
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

BklynBoy wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:31 am
Hi, my name is @Big Daikon . i am a dude who likes to play devils advocate because other people's struggles are theoretical to me. Its fun to debate their right to exist.
In the middle of a rather hysterical bout of fear mongering, I asked a reasonable question. I received hysterical replies.

My main gripe is that it becomes difficult to impossible to have a decent discussion of a documentary or a news story.

Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

Big Daikon wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:24 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:26 am Image

People need to see history thru photos
He looks like a real threat to democracy. Really destroying our society. s/
Interesting that the focus is on the dude and his questionable fashion sense, but none of y'all are looking at the broader picture.
January 6th, Capitol Hill. Ring any bell?
It is the narrow-minded, myopic view that destroys what is left of any society.
pebbles&nightsky
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Artisan wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:02 am
Big Daikon wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:24 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:26 am Image

People need to see history thru photos
He looks like a real threat to democracy. Really destroying our society. s/
Interesting that the focus is on the dude and his questionable fashion sense, but none of y'all are looking at the broader picture.
January 6th, Capitol Hill. Ring any bell?
It is the narrow-minded, myopic view that destroys what is left of any society.
you not gonna get anywhere. If someone can't see an issue w/ the shirt and the message...
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:50 am I always love programs that paints the US (and the West in general) as the sole boogeyman responsible for all the misery in the world. The world does that just fine.

Look deeper.

There was world wide discrimination against the Jews and other minorities for centuries. Pogroms in Russia, for example. Wide spread belief after World War 1 that the Jews (and other undesirables) were the Merchants of Death, ie, war profiteers that some love to rail against.

The Germans took the problem to a cold, efficient solution.

It was so brutal that it shocked the world.

And made surviving Jews in Europe come to conclusion that they needed a country that would not try to kill them, a homeland.
you dont get it , ( again) this is about the US and the Holocaust, not other countries>
as to shocked the world .... NOT till AFTER the camps were liberated was the world shocked, Before that, they discounted what the Nazi's were doing
its obvious you did not watch it. I learned lots that was not taught in 8th grade US history>

as to the shirt, its incredible offensive to those that died>and those that survived or lost loved ones an to wear it on THIS specific day is just fucked.

Watch the series than re post ur opinions.

I compare Lindbergh ( America First Committee) with Trump,( make America great)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic