I had no idea!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: I had no idea!

Post by Freightdog »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:49 pm
I don't know how other members decide on their"like'"votes, but I will "like" a poster for a specific post, even if I don't like their CEO online persona in general. I rate the post and not the online person. Otherwise it's just ridiculous, because I don't even know them IRL.
:dark1:
The very basis of adult debate- in-line with not engaging in ad hominem responses
but I think we can get along (most of the time). Just like IRL.
Curiously, IRL also refers to Ireland, but the sentiment is no less valid ;)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:12 pm
atst wrote:
rozzieoz wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:39 pm I thought that when you give someone a positive reputation point, the message stays private between you and that person.
I found out today this is not the case and those messages are in fact public.

I shall NOT make that mistake again.
How long have you been using CEO have you never looked at who's given reputation points and seen the comments?
I’ve only ever checked my own!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

In one of my very early posts I attemped to correct the post, it was perhaps the spelling or grammer - I can't recall exactly - but suffice it to say, it was daft pedantry.

The poster gave me one of my early positive votes. I was quite pleased; it was well revieved...

The poster was Frank Lee Bent

His comment read " Go Fuck Yourself"

There's a lot of widom in those comments.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

They should warn us about this stuff! lol.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:49 pm I don't know how other members decide on their"like'"votes, but I will "like" a poster for a specific post, even if I don't like their CEO online persona in general.
Same. I will give total dipshits an upvote if I like their posts even if they seem like insufferable assholes in general. I've given New Kid on the Block the odd upvote. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:57 pm They should warn us about this stuff! lol.
I like it, but I was like you at first and presumed the comments were like a PM till I realized I could see everyone's comments.
Many times I've gone to write a comment there directed to the poster but then decided to delete knowing others will see, but then not bothered sending them a PM.
At the end of the day it's all fun , well to most of us. :beer3:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:49 pm Roz, you have no idea ! You've missed out on lots of juicy comments on CEO "Likes comments" !! Haha. Check them out.

I started looking at other people's "likes", a bit negatively at first, when I'd think "WTF, who could possibly LIKE that (stupid) comment ?", and then I check it out and see who posted the "like",and mostly I'would be "Yeah, whatever. Each to their own opinion."

I don't know how other members decide on their"like'"votes, but I will "like" a poster for a specific post, even if I don't like their CEO online persona in general. I rate the post and not the online person. Otherwise it's just ridiculous, because I don't even know them IRL.
spot on,
and 1 reason why i want the down button brought back
But i am fighting a lost cause
The poster gave me one of my early positive votes. I was quite pleased; it was well revieved...
see? with a down button you would have received a negative NOT have gotten positive, with a "go fuck yourself"
:beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:37 am
Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:49 pm Roz, you have no idea ! You've missed out on lots of juicy comments on CEO "Likes comments" !! Haha. Check them out.

I started looking at other people's "likes", a bit negatively at first, when I'd think "WTF, who could possibly LIKE that (stupid) comment ?", and then I check it out and see who posted the "like",and mostly I'would be "Yeah, whatever. Each to their own opinion."

spot on,
and 1 reason why i want the down button brought back
But i am fighting a lost cause
see? with a down button you would have received a negative NOT have gotten positive, with a "go fuck yourself"
:beer3:
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

atst wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:44 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:39 pm I thought that when you give someone a positive reputation point, the message stays private between you and that person.
I found out today this is not the case and those messages are in fact public.

I shall NOT make that mistake again.
How long have you been using CEO have you never looked at who's given reputation points and seen the comments?
Yes, she has actually, but she thought it was between herself and the other 2 only.

Obviously she hadn't, and I don't think I patronizing comment was called for. I would reprimand, and curb that attitude quick smart in, my seven-year-old.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

We don't need to worry about Agnes anymore. The internet's full of them.
"Well, I'm not one to talk, as you know, but it's a need to know isn't it? I was putting the milk bottles out and have 5, and at 6:14, TV repairman pulls up at number 14, doesn't he? Didn't look like a TV repairman to me. Sauce!... Anyway you didn't hear from me, when you pass it on."
Can I get away with much online anymore. I hate it when the girlfriend says she's going out with Sarah and Julie, and I'm with Sarah and Julie!
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic