Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

Over 5 million foreign tourists arrived in Thailand in 9 months
not sure of 10 but 9 + for sure
everyone i speak to in Phuket & Samui says its still dead with only Indians and Arabs being about
A Thai government spokesperson has announced yesterday that over five million foreign tourists have arrived in the ‘land of smiles’ between January 1 and September 8. The total number of foreign visitors was 5,018,172, said spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand says the biggest group of tourists came from Malaysia, with 751,397 arrivals. Up next was India, with 480,825 arrivals. In third place was Laos, with 310,464 arrivals. Cambodia sent the fourth most tourists to Thailand, with a total of 249,084 arrivals.

TAT estimated that the number of tourists would reach 10 million, based on advanced flights and hotel bookings for the next three months.
https://thethaiger.com/news/national/ov ... nment-says
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:18 pm Over 5 million foreign tourists arrived in Thailand in 9 months
not sure of 10 but 9 + for sure
everyone i speak to in Phuket & Samui says its still dead with only Indians and Arabs being about
A Thai government spokesperson has announced yesterday that over five million foreign tourists have arrived in the ‘land of smiles’ between January 1 and September 8. The total number of foreign visitors was 5,018,172, said spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand says the biggest group of tourists came from Malaysia, with 751,397 arrivals. Up next was India, with 480,825 arrivals. In third place was Laos, with 310,464 arrivals. Cambodia sent the fourth most tourists to Thailand, with a total of 249,084 arrivals.

TAT estimated that the number of tourists would reach 10 million, based on advanced flights and hotel bookings for the next three months.
https://thethaiger.com/news/national/ov ... nment-says
For that figure to be correct is means 1.8 million came here from August 1st to September 8th which is another big increase month on month from July. I'm a bit surprised it is that high and there is a tendency for the final confirmed figure to be lower, I suspect in their final analysis of the data they strip out people not on tourist visas. Even so I've said all along their forecast of 10 million was realistic and these numbers back it up. They have oversight on future flight schedules, bookings etc.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

great time to visit thailand<
low numbers of tourists, its the green season

and

Baht falls below 37 to the dollar
Thai currency at lowest level since December 2006 as Asian exchange rates tumble

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

so have all entry requirements been dropped now other than the usual proof of "onward travel" for people entering on the visa exempt stamp?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:12 am so have all entry requirements been dropped now other than the usual proof of "onward travel" for people entering on the visa exempt stamp?
Yep
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:12 am so have all entry requirements been dropped now other than the usual proof of "onward travel" for people entering on the visa exempt stamp?
Official now as well, after Oct 1st 45 days for visa exempt stamp on arrival thru March
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:17 am
Official now as well, after Oct 1st 45 days for visa exempt stamp on arrival thru March
So, if I was to fly from Bangkok to the UK, would I need to show I had a ticket for my flight on entertaining Thailand from Cambodia by land, also before I have never had to show onward travel at the Thai side of the boarder's.
I have just received the exemption stamp, at the time for 1 month.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:19 am
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:17 am
So, if I was to fly from Bangkok to the UK, would I need to show I had a ticket for my flight on entertaining Thailand from Cambodia by land, also before I have never had to show onward travel at the Thai side of the boarder's.
I have just received the exemption stamp, at the time for 1 month.
At land borders, you'd have to be very unlucky to be asked for evidence of onward travel. Even flying in, it's more likely your airline than Thai immigration that wants to see it.
Jones
Tourist

Post by Jones »

I didn’t have to provide proof of onward travel, only show vaccination status when checking in…
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Jones wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:51 pm
I didn’t have to provide proof of onward travel, only show vaccination status when checking in…
Which airline let you board without checking whether you had a visa or flight already booked out of Thailand ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic