There's a Rat in my Hotel Room, What'm I Gonna Do ???

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: There's a Rat in my Hotel Room, What'm I Gonna Do ???

Post by Bongmab69 »

We had i Belgium a rat called Magawa, military decorated and won a special price in the UK, she cleaned up landmines in . . . Kampuchea !! More then 100 of them !!
She passed away in january, RIP . . .
She had khmer girl-friend as you can see in the video, curious she had to pay also 30 dollar of turist-visa, or would she enter with work-visa ??

https://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20220112_92388939
Dario
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Dario »

Bongmab69 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:42 pm We had i Belgium a rat called Magawa, military decorated and won a special price in the UK, she cleaned up landmines in . . . Kampuchea !! More then 100 of them !!
She passed away in january, RIP . . .
She had khmer girl-friend as you can see in the video, curious she had to pay also 30 dollar of turist-visa, or would she enter with work-visa ??

https://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20220112_92388939
Yes, i read about her, she was famous.
She was a giant african rat, not like my pets who where norwegians. Pissed all over my mattress. At first i had no idea they do that, marking the territory.

And they smell great, like a mix of rosmarin & lavender.
finkel
Tourist
Sweden

Post by finkel »

You just give me the idea of my books headline,, " Me and the Rat ". :hattip:
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Plenty of rats in tropical Australia. My little cat is a great ratter. She has caught 24 in the last year. Most ended up under my bed. I found a small tail and a pair of feet on the bedroom floor one morning. Odd because there are no mice here. The next night I rescued a mouse in the bedroom and put him in a shoe box, expecting him to die.
The next morning he was fine but he was not a mouse. Well, not a European mouse. He was a native water mouse, a Yirraku. Quite a rare species, his mate had been eaten the night before. That evening my Khmer kid and I took him down to the creek about 500 metres away and released him on the bank amongst the mangroves. Always aware that there might be a big crocodile living there. He ran down the bank and jumped into the water and swam away. It was great to save some native wildlife.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic