New UK PM results

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

New UK PM results

Post by hdgh29 »

So they had a choice between a multi-millionaire Indian / British passport holder from a wealthy immigrant family and an ex-chartered accountant, the daughter of two teachers, English born and bred. Not this time Rishi mate, they looked into the abyss and stepped back. Phew.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: New UK PM results

Post by Doc67 »

If you think Boris was bad, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Remember, she only managed 50 votes out of 357 (14%) in the first round and came 3rd. She continued to come 3rd consistently behind Sunak (1st) and Penny Mourdant who came 2nd in every round and would of made a better PM, although the bar is so low that isn't saying much.

It was only until round 5, the final one before the last two were sent to the party membership, when the calculations were made and sufficient numbers of Sunak supporters voted for Truss and it was bye bye Penny Mourdant. The polling suggested Sunak had zero chance of beating Mourdant and only a slight chance of beating Truss. Despite idiotic policy statements made by Truss during the hustings, one that needed reversing 24 hours later, she still managed to beat Sunak.

It seems that being married to a women who is Indian and her Indian family are worth billions and keeping a US Green Card in his back pocket was just too much for the party. Or maybe they still yearn for another Margaret Thatcher.

Now the country is stuck with Truss, for how long nobody knows. Good luck with that...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng ... ishi-sunak
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

The new Cabinet in charge of HMS Titatnic. Show business for ugly people has never been truer.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-62796077
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

lol

Every nation has the government it deserves

Enjoy, Brits
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Doesn't look great from his angle
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Liz Truss resigns as British Prime Minister after just 44 days

London: British Prime Minister Liz Truss has resigned after just 44 days after she was appointed to the position, ending the shortest stint in Downing Street history.

Her shock statement outside 10 Downing Street lasted for less than two minutes and she did not take any questions.

“I recognise though that given the situation, I cannot deliver the mandate on which I was elected by the Conservative Party. I have therefore spoken to His Majesty The King to notify him that I am resigning as leader of the Conservative Party,” she said.

Full: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/ ... 5brmb.html
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

44 days, that would have been short even by Italian standards. I wonder if the useless bint is now entitled to any kind of pension.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Alex wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:03 pm 44 days, that would have been short even by Italian standards. I wonder if the useless bint is now entitled to any kind of pension.
in Italy she would not need to work again..we have the best social welfare for politicians. You would not believe if I told you.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

truffledog wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:49 am
Alex wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:03 pm 44 days, that would have been short even by Italian standards. I wonder if the useless bint is now entitled to any kind of pension.
in Italy she would not need to work again..we have the best social welfare for politicians. You would not believe if I told you.
youve intrigued me, what do they get?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:58 am
truffledog wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:49 am
youve intrigued me, what do they get?
https://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2015/0 ... q/1336887/

hard to find an english version. I hope you are familiar with any translator tool
work is for people who cant find truffles
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic