9/11 Least we forget

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 9/11 Least we forget

Post by SlowJoe »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:32 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:24 pm
violet wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:57 pm

I did not label you a conspiracy theorist. I am genuinely interested to know if you also think - based on controversy (and conspiracy) around other locations, if the planes into the towers really happened?
I have no doubt they did.
Never really heard anybody try to claim that the planes didn't hit the towers. Dozens of thousands of eyewitnesses and dozens of cameras recorded it happen from many different aspects and angles - the second one was seen live by probably hundreds of millions of people on rolling news worldwide
There's a movie going around that claims to have evidence that the planes were CGI. Apparently you can see the nose of the plane out the other side of the building.
Just reporting what I've heard, don't shoot me.
That's the sticky slope between the lines of "Official BS narrative", "Conspiracy theory" and then "Junk conspiracy".

Kind of like the pentagon and flight 93 where people question the size of the impact zone being too small, and then immediately it goes to "OMG aliens did it!"
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I’m a little unsure whether to get into a discussion about air crashes and impacts, when really this is about the aftermath of a world changing event.
Maybe a separate thread is in order?
Mark Twain, apparently wrote:a lie will fly around the whole world while the truth is getting its boots on
This could easily be said about half truths, erroneous information and and any number of misleading bits of data. Lies and hearsay don’t need to be fact checked to be spread. Facts, however, do need to be established from sufficient independent sources as to remove any ambiguity, inaccuracy etc. as a result, accident reports tend to take a long while the investigation is ongoing, meanwhile, the information void frequently gets filled with imagination, hearsay, and embellishment.

The old Chinese whispers game, for one.
A mate of a mate saw it…

More concerning is the void in information once the actual investigation is complete. There can be rationale in this, however.

The very nature of planes is that very significant large components can be combined into an airplane that is light enough to fly, strong enough to withstand significant but not infinite forces, and big enough to carry something.
A B757 weighs about 58.5tonnes empty. A B767 about 80tonnes empty. (For comparison, A B737 about 41tonnes.)

When the buildings collapsed, that was of the order of 450,000 tonnes of material (per tower) which collapsed on top of itself and everything within.
In a catastrophic air crash, there are often components or large assemblies to be found. Once the final impact is experienced, the debris is left behind. In the WTC, the debris from the crash was further affected by the weight of the buildings pulverizing whatever was left.

United 93 had a different, but just as catastrophic outcome, and the crash itself was from memory, just as destructive to the aircraft. It was unsurvivable.

The pentagon was a different matter, again. The crash was just as unsurvivable, but the building was largely intact, though compromised. The first consideration is preservation of life, probably. That means getting people out, fire fighting, rescue, trauma/first aid treatment. Evacuation. Civilians trampling around where civilians often aren’t normally allowed.
After that (or along with it), I’d be surprised if the next most important consideration on the day wasn’t related to maintaining security and operation of the pentagon itself. The integrity of the building is compromised, there’s a gaping hole, and a breach that was probably never envisaged.
I’m almost certain that the federal guys from FAA, and NTSB would have wanted the site preserved undisturbed, while the other federal guys, homeland, etc, would have wanted everything untouched by any but themselves. The gathering and reporting of facts would have been a tricky conundrum.
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

Let's not forget the rise of food programs on TV after September eleven.
pebbles&nightsky
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

whatever anyone says
for me it happened

50 Views of Plane Impact in South Tower | 9/11 World Trade Center (2001)

LIVE now 21 years ago
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:14 pm whatever anyone says
for me it happened

50 Views of Plane Impact in South Tower | 9/11 World Trade Center (2001)

LIVE now 21 years ago
It’s one thing imagining the moon landings were a hoax (not too many eye witnesses)
But how can anyone seeing this video be in any doubt that it was airplanes crashing into the towers?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It seems quite clear to me that these planes hit the towers. There is a lot of footage and plenty of eye witness reports. There is room to wonder how this was allowed to happen and why the repercussions were not felt by the Saudis, for example.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Some people question everything. At times it can become hurtful. People doubting the Sandy Hook incident saying crisis actors. It can be painful to have to relive and debate people about some of these incidents. Sometimes better to practice self-care and not engage w/ it.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Wreckage was found in NYC. At least a wheel was imbedded in a roof (news at the time) and other objects were contributed to the memorial.

9/11 changed the insurance industry forever. Never had so many well insured people died at one time. Since then every policy has a clause - no payout for acts of terrorism.

I remember that day quite well. It came on the TV, and time seemed to stop. My teacher was complaining that the draft was coming next, and he’s be draft and sent. Probably all of us as well.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:34 pm My teacher was complaining that the draft was coming next, and he’s be draft and sent. Probably all of us as well.
Sorry, but can you clarify what you meant here? What draft?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I think he means a military draft for a war
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic