Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Doc67 »

Gentlemen... can I just check something that I am sure of (and so probably wrong!).

I can enter , not transit, Thailand with a vaccination card from here and there are no insurance requirements or visa or any form of registration. Is that correct?

Secondly, my friend from the UK can do the same, he has full UK vaccination.

Am I missing anything?
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:15 pm Gentlemen... can I just check something that I am sure of (and so probably wrong!).

I can enter , not transit, Thailand with a vaccination card from here and there are no insurance requirements or visa or any form of registration. Is that correct?

Am I missing anything?
Correct on the above. There is now also no need for the TM card. Just show vax certificate to the airline when you board, hand your passport over at immigration and that's it.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:15 pm Gentlemen... can I just check something that I am sure of (and so probably wrong!).

Am I missing anything?
Yes but note;
Often entering thailand ( usually from western countries not asian) and expecting a visa exempt stamp, you MIGHT not be allowed to board without a onward/return Air ticket, ( bus/boats dont count)
Note the word MIGHT
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:45 pm

Am I missing anything?
Yes but note;
Often entering thailand ( usually from western countries not asian) and expecting a visa exempt stamp, you MIGHT not be allowed to board without a onward/return Air ticket, ( bus/boats dont count)
Note the word MIGHT
Thanks Richard. He will be coming on a return air ticket, so all should be well.
Kangaruchi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kangaruchi »

For what it's worth, I flew PNH-BKK-KBV on 29/08 with a self transfer at BKK.
On check-in at PNH they insisted on seeing a return ticket, as I hadn't copied it to my phone I had to go online to get it, he then entered the details on the system. It was a contracted co. doing check-in not the airline, don't know what would have happened if I didn't have one.
At BKK for those not familiar self check-in means going through immigration then catching a domestic flight to Krabi, no issues with return flight or Visa, I am using Australia passport.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Kangaruchi wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:02 am For what it's worth, I flew PNH-BKK-KBV on 29/08 with a self transfer at BKK.
On check-in at PNH they insisted on seeing a return ticket, as I hadn't copied it to my phone I had to go online to get it, he then entered the details on the system. It was a contracted co. doing check-in not the airline, don't know what would have happened if I didn't have one.
At BKK for those not familiar self check-in means going through immigration then catching a domestic flight to Krabi, no issues with return flight or Visa, I am using Australia passport.
I have a simple return ticket with Lanmei so they will know it's a return ticket.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

approved:

Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) approved the proposal by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) to extend the period of stay to 45 days for tourists from countries/territories entitled for visa exemption, and to 30 days for those eligible for a Visa on Arrival (VOA). This will be in effect from 1 October, 2022, until 31 March, 2023.

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/08/thailan ... mzFYKmiqLI

fyi:
need a return ticket?? :beer3:

https://onwardticket.com/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

saves driving apx 9-10 hours to ferry south of surat thani, (530Kms) waiting possibly an hour or so and taking a 90 minute ferry across
New ferry cruise between Pattaya and Samui completes test run
Last night, Samui Cruise hosted a launch party in Koh Samui at the completion of its test run for a new cruise ferry route between Koh Samui and Pattaya. The service is expected to launch later in the month though exact departure dates have not been set.

The boat journey takes 0ver 12 hours each direction and is planned depart at 5pm from Pattaya and from Samui, arriving at the destination port by 8am. The number of journeys each week has not yet been announced. The operators of the boat told The Thaiger that they look forward to launching the regular service aboard their Seahorse Ferry boat.

The boat is more like a cruise ship than a ferry boat, boasting seating options ranging from an entry level reclining seat, to a capsule bed, all the way to first class private quarters that look practically like a hotel room. Prices for the different seat, bed, and rooms types but it is believed that rooms will be somewhere around the 3,000 baht mark for the overnight journey.

The ferry boat also does not skimp on facilities, with a restaurant, spa and massage services, and a variety of nightlife entertainment options. Like a cruise, the boat is outfitted with a full bar, karaoke bar, and a disco. Transporting a car or motorbike is easy as well, as the ship boasts two levels of car parking.
https://thethaiger.com/news/samui/new-f ... 3H6mh5TmHU
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:21 pm saves driving apx 9-10 hours to ferry south of surat thani, (530Kms) waiting possibly an hour or so and taking a 90 minute ferry across
New ferry cruise between Pattaya and Samui completes test run
Last night, Samui Cruise hosted a launch party in Koh Samui at the completion of its test run for a new cruise ferry route between Koh Samui and Pattaya. The service is expected to launch later in the month though exact departure dates have not been set.

The boat journey takes 0ver 12 hours each direction and is planned depart at 5pm from Pattaya and from Samui, arriving at the destination port by 8am. The number of journeys each week has not yet been announced. The operators of the boat told The Thaiger that they look forward to launching the regular service aboard their Seahorse Ferry boat.

The boat is more like a cruise ship than a ferry boat, boasting seating options ranging from an entry level reclining seat, to a capsule bed, all the way to first class private quarters that look practically like a hotel room. Prices for the different seat, bed, and rooms types but it is believed that rooms will be somewhere around the 3,000 baht mark for the overnight journey.

The ferry boat also does not skimp on facilities, with a restaurant, spa and massage services, and a variety of nightlife entertainment options. Like a cruise, the boat is outfitted with a full bar, karaoke bar, and a disco. Transporting a car or motorbike is easy as well, as the ship boasts two levels of car parking.
https://thethaiger.com/news/samui/new-f ... 3H6mh5TmHU
I don't mind being proved wrong but I'll be surprised if it lasts much longer than their previous failed effort or the short lived Pattaya to Hua Hin route. Unless there is a demographic I'm missing, Pattaya nightlife orientated customers choose there and Samui beach loving island hoppers go there, and rarely the twain shall meet. Everyone I know prefers to go to Koh Chang when they want an idyllic beach island break, closer far nicer and less developed than Koh Samui. The mass Asian market are only in country for a week max so are unlikely to visit both. For longer tourists or residents that do want to try Samui it's just as, if not more, convenient and less risky to be in Suvarnabunmi from Pattaya in 1 1/2 hours and fly to Samui. Really not sure who they are targeting. Part of the problem of the previous ferry failures were regular weather related cancellations, it just wasn't reliable and ended up a booking nightmare from both ends. Personally speaking having seen more than a few short journey ferry disasters in Thailand, I view water related transport as right up there at the top of the danger zone.

Good luck to them, it will be an interesting one to watch.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:08 am approved:

Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) approved the proposal by the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) to extend the period of stay to 45 days for tourists from countries/territories entitled for visa exemption, and to 30 days for those eligible for a Visa on Arrival (VOA). This will be in effect from 1 October, 2022, until 31 March, 2023.

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/08/thailan ... mzFYKmiqLI

fyi:
need a return ticket?? :beer3:

https://onwardticket.com/
noice! :D
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic