Koh Tao - Death Island or What?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
NokTang
Expatriate

Re: Koh Tao - Death Island or What?

Post by NokTang »

kiwiincambodia wrote:Not necessarily. I always get hammered the night before travel day. It makes it easier to sleep, especially long haul flights.
That is, put simply, disgusting. No respect for the other travelers and the airline not to mention officials at the airport. You can take Dramamine to sleep, but if you are in economy you should not sleep anyhow as will fall on others.

There was a time, long ago, when people who flew had class, wore nice clothes, were bathed and would never consider looking and smelling like a complete slob.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

NokTang wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:Not necessarily. I always get hammered the night before travel day. It makes it easier to sleep, especially long haul flights.
That is, put simply, disgusting. No respect for the other travelers and the airline not to mention officials at the airport. You can take Dramamine to sleep, but if you are in economy you should not sleep anyhow as will fall on others.

There was a time, long ago, when people who flew had class, wore nice clothes, were bathed and would never consider looking and smelling like a complete slob.
Yeah I'm sure you fly dressed in a suit.

It could make you seem more attractive to the $2 hookers you are flying in to meet.

I never said I dressed like a slob or arrive drunk. Just have a big night before hand so it's easier to sleep.

Don't read to much into things princess.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

NokTang wrote:
potty wrote: the doctor certainly advised her about the tramadol-dosage..
Tramadol is still available over the counter in Thailand. It's a good pain killer IMHO but of course using anything strong with booze who knows.

Students die in spring break parties every year in the USA. It's not so unusual in a "back packer" zone as drugs seem rampant.
Tramadol is no big deal w/alcohol. It could've been a contributing factor in slowing the breathing though. It's the Benzos & alcohol that's the corpse maker.
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

means, those who like benzos and alcohol should have some adrenalin-pusher at hand?
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Diazapam & Alcohol ruled preliminary cause of death, but we knew that already. LINK: http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/lea ... -this-time
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic