Super mercedes crashes in PP - again...

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Super mercedes crashes in PP - again...

Post by Anchor Moy »

Rich kid who doesn't know how to drive. Seriously think he should get a chauffeur...
By Ben Sokhean | January 26, 2015

For the second Saturday in a row, a white Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG coupe, which retails at more than $200,000, was involved in a serious car accident in Phnom Penh while speeding, taking out part of a permanent road-dividing barrier on Sihanouk Boulevard.

Deputy municipal traffic police chief Sem Kunthea said Sunday that police were called to the scene at about 1:20 a.m. on Saturday by people who witnessed the Mercedes crash at high speed.

“Before it happened, the eyewitnesses saw the white Mercedes car with no number plate speeding along Sihanouk Boulevard,” he said.

“When the car arrived at the scene, it had swerved, crashed and destroyed the 13 barrier [sections].” Mr. Kunthea added the occupants fled the scene, and are now being sought by police.

“The car crashed until it broke its left tire, and then went further, and then [witnesses] saw one driver and one passenger open the door and flee quickly from the scene before police arrived,” he said.

On January 17, a son of real-estate tycoon Khun Sear crashed the same model of rare Mercedes into a parked SUV while speeding around Phnom Penh’s Wat Phnom.
https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/rare ... ain-76666/

Joking aside. What are the bets that he will not be punished and that this will happen again next week or next month ?
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Super mercedes crashes in PP - again...

Post by Kuroneko »

How many rare white Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG coupes are there in Phnom Penh?

Thought - maybe it's because they keep crashing that they are so rare :lol:
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Fuck those little shits. When my wife was 5 months pregnant we almost got run over like less than an arm length by boy racers on their SUVs driving at a speed at no less than 90kmph while on a Daelim. If you know me in real life, I usually ride at a snail pace and very cautious -- even that I still had many close calls.

Recently a nephew of a friend whom we known for many years had both of this legs amputated caused by a speeding car who happened to be a sibling of a hotel owner. I bet you rarely read this sort of news about SR unless you are poor or hurt people who have better status than yours. Hotel owners and such had mastered the art of concealing it from the news media. Take the Hip Hop fire for example, I actually done quite a bit of investigation on it -- the report says 11 died but based on the witnesses accounts and I happened to know 2 of them who happened to be there on that night said the real body count was more than 40 most of the bodies were burned/cremated. Had I push that investigation any further my life will be in jeopardy. Or the fire that killed a family of 7 near Night Market 2 years ago -- the fire didnt cause by faulty electrical wires...explain why one of the safes full of valuable went missing on that night? Those in the know know better to keep their mouth shut. Good luck finding justice if shits happen to you here.
Last edited by flying chicken on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Anchor Moy wrote:Joking aside. What are the bets that he will not be punished and that this will happen again next week or next month ?
If daddy can afford to give snot-nosed junior a $200k vehicle, and obviously hasn't instilled any sense of responsibility in his son, then I'd say the odds are quite high this will go unpunished. Hell, the little shit could have killed several people and still got away with it, paying a couple thousand dollars to the victim's families as compensation. I wish once in a while two drunken groups of twats in their $200k SUVs would slam into each other without harming others.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Anchor Moy wrote:Joking aside. What are the bets that he will not be punished and that this will happen again next week or next month ?
Maybe it's the same kid from last week's Benz smash up. :plus1:
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

Username Taken wrote:
Maybe it's the same kid from last week's Benz smash up. :plus1:
sounds most plausible...
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

If they didn't harm anyone, why flee the scene? I'm pretty sure they can afford to pay for any divider damage and tea money to the cops... Weird. Is it the embarrassment? Maybe theu don't want their picture in the paper?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Rama
Expatriate

Post by Rama »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:If they didn't harm anyone, why flee the scene? I'm pretty sure they can afford to pay for any divider damage and tea money to the cops... Weird. Is it the embarrassment? Maybe theu don't want their picture in the paper?
Could it be that it was the same boy?

There was no number plate on the car indicating that it was brand new.

Perhaps he'd just bought a replacement and crashed it and he's to embarrassed to be known as the fool who crashed half a million dollars of car in a week?

Long shot but
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic