BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: BugZone: Nothing's perfect...

Post by phuketrichard »

well seems Rain and i have a problem.

no big deal;
no reason to start threads here when its so dam easy on k440

BTW ur in the states, we are in SE asia... prehaps its the cable that went down
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

phuketrichard wrote:well seems Rain and i have a problem.

no big deal;
no reason to start threads here when its so dam easy on k440

BTW ur in the states, we are in SE asia... prehaps its the cable that went down
The server is in Singapore. And honestly richard... with all your constant threats to go to 440... just do it already. i'll buy scobeinz a beer to make it up to him when i see him next.

it's like your go-to response for anything you don't like or have an issue with here... and yet it never seems to stick. hell, in this thread alone you've threatened it several times.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Probably not a good idea to encourage one of your 8 or 9 active posters to completely stop posting on your site. It's pretty f*cking dead in here as it is, FFS. :facepalm:
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Soi Dog wrote:Probably not a good idea to encourage one of your 8 or 9 active posters to completely stop posting on your site. It's pretty f*cking dead in here as it is, FFS. :facepalm:
he should stay or go, but just quit threatening either way. its like a teenage girl who keeps slashing at her wrists with a safety pin in the hopes her parents will buy her a pony, and i don't have time for it.

he's said he quits the site like 5 times already... always back posting a week later.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Well with ur attitude why stay although i must admit its much nicer here with you gone
Didn't you say ur out of here cause u push to many of us the wrong way

BUT seems to me k440 spends more $$ on bandwidth than you all
but thats understandable as they have advertising revenue
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

you mean the attitude that feels like after working full time and still making time (and money) to try and keep this site running i shouldn't have to put up with petty threats from a grown man acting like a pre-teen girl?
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

OrangeDragon wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:CEO has signed up 3 posters in now 3 weeks. None at all for the past week. Maybe they are having problems registering too.
not problems registering, it's not far off from our regular stats once the spam bots were filtered out. it's just about the rate which we procure new members.
The real average rate of new member registration after filtering out bots is around 4 per month (3 new members in 3 weeks = 4 in 4 weeks or one month)???

So this site has been running for 9 months at an average of 4 real members joining per month = 36 real members total? Therefore around 900 of your 940 current members are bots?

No wonder this place is a f*cking ghost town most of the time. CEObot.com.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Soi Dog wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:
Soi Dog wrote:CEO has signed up 3 posters in now 3 weeks. None at all for the past week. Maybe they are having problems registering too.
not problems registering, it's not far off from our regular stats once the spam bots were filtered out. it's just about the rate which we procure new members.
The real average rate of new member registration after filtering out bots is around 4 per month (3 new members in 3 weeks = 4 in 4 weeks or one month)???

So this site has been running for 9 months at an average of 4 real members joining per month = 36 real members total? Therefore around 900 of your 940 current members are bots?

No wonder this place is a f*cking ghost town most of the time. CEObot.com.
After the initial surge... not much more than that. I mean, how many new posters can you think of in the last 3 months? We hit a surge in the start, a few small heavy spurts now and then, but it's not like we have people signing up every day and jumping into the conversations. There's a sort of critical mass in the expat community when it comes to forum posting, especially when you split that community with other forums and facebook groups.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Just doubled the CPU and RAM in the server... lets see if that clears any of this up.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

Just as feedback, I have experienced random delays accessing and moving around this site, both using Tapatalk and with a browser. The most recent problem (this morning) seems to be when initially trying to access the home page.
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic