relocate to Jomtien (possibly)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

relocate to Jomtien (possibly)

Post by Ozinasia »

Used to live in Jomtien for 8 years actually wont go into it but long story short might need to move back there from here in Phnom Penh where I have spent the last 5 years . at 65 and have a pending medical situation and rather be treated there then here especially after reading some recent posts on hospital treatments here.
Question I have if anyone has done so what is the cost aprox of a 4 or 6 wheeler truck to take a small house load of belongings?
can anyone recommend anyone they have used .
When I moved here I had a garage sale and sold everything lost thousands of dollars, rather not go through that again.
Also I am told no problem to bring my dog, I am not leaving him here can he go in the truck ?
I believe he needs a health passport from a vet again anyone know any vet that issues these ?
Cheers
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: relocate to Jomtien (possibly)

Post by Bluenose »

Everything will have to be transferred from one truck to another at the border, so think about how you are going to pack all your stuff. Officially you'll need Customs declarations both sides. Seems via Trat is easier if you want a rather more unofficial process but there are risks involved in doing that - remember that you're not in a good position to complain to anyone if you're doing things illegally
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

yeah I was afraid of that ...
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

if its only a van or pick up truck no hassle, they wont even look at Hat Lek/Trat or Pailin, (Phsar Prum ) Pong Nam Ron crossing
Larger truck, different story
again for the dog, i have crossed both these borders both ways at least a dozen times, never once looked in the car/pick up truck
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

it would be a 4 minimum but more likely a 6 wheeler truck
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Ozinasia wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:59 pm it would be a 4 minimum but more likely a 6 wheeler truck
Do 2 trips?
I have not crossed at Prum for 10 years so I may be out of date but I would want to use that one.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

food for thought, thinking maybe sell off the big stuff Ref, beds and bulky stuff cut it down to smaller vehicle.
Or thinking maybe rent a unfurnished Cheepie apartment here stick it in there and maybe make a few trips each year god willing
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic