Three Chinese People Shot Dead in Phnom Penh Condo

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Three Chinese People Shot Dead in Phnom Penh Condo

Post by Yerg »

mossie wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:47 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:03 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:47 am Image
Breaking news Cambodia(Phnom Penh): A shocking incident occurred after three Chinese people were shot dead at the 6th floor of Gold Class Condo, Street 380 in Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang I, Khan Boeung Keng Kang in Phnom Penh, at 2:00am on August 28, 2022.
It is too early to say exactly what took place at the crime scene, but drugs and firearms were found on the premises.
It should be noted that at present, the specialized police force of the district and of Phnom Penh City are inspecting the scene and conducting forensic examination on the bodies.
More information to come.
Spoiler:
boom boom boom
I want you in my room
Let's spend the night together
From now until forever
WTF?
I thought it was an appropriate use of the Vengaboys LOL
mossie
Expatriate
Finland

Post by mossie »

Fuck you're mumbling about? Have you ever got shot in the face? (or where wtf ever.) Maybe you are, I haven't. just don't find much humor about the people getting smoked in our living area. Please reply when someone pulls a pistol to your fucking head (Model and color irrelevant.) and come back here with your funny commenting even with half a brain left. And ghostwriter....
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:56 pm so you can come to Cambodia if you have a criminal record
According to police sources, a friend of the deceased, a Taiwanese man named HSU YU LIN, has identified the bodies of the three victims, who did not have passports:

No passports because they have been confiscated by the traffickers? Or no passports because they are wanted criminals and needed to escape Taiwan and couldn't use passports, airports etc.

Maybe Cambodia is the go-to-place if you are a Chinese or Taiwanese wanted criminal and need to go 'on the lamb'.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

"On the lamb"? :D

Anyway it's been reported that one of these Chinesers shot the other two then killed himself.
Taiwanese man kills duo and then turns gun on himself in Phnom Penh condo

Three Taiwanese men were killed in a shooting incident after excessive consumption of drugs and alcohol and an ensuing argument in a rental condo in Phnom Penh’s Boeng Keng Kang district on Sunday.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501140936/ ... n-himself/
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

As we know since Nancy Reagan days, even a gun that looks totally ridiculous can be deadly.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:25 am "On the lamb"? :D

Anyway it's been reported that one of these Chinesers shot the other two then killed himself.
Taiwanese man kills duo and then turns gun on himself in Phnom Penh condo

Three Taiwanese men were killed in a shooting incident after excessive consumption of drugs and alcohol and an ensuing argument in a rental condo in Phnom Penh’s Boeng Keng Kang district on Sunday.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501140936/ ... n-himself/
Or the three thought is was the easiest way out.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Mother of Taiwanese man slain in Cambodia asks government to bring back his remains
Three Taiwanese men were shot and killed at an apartment in Phnom Penh on Sunday
By George Liao, Taiwan News, Staff Writer
2022/08/29 19:31
TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — The mother of one of three Taiwanese men recently shot dead in Cambodia on Sunday (Aug. 28) has asked the government to help the family travel to Cambodia to take care of their family member's remains.

The Cambodia China Times reported that three Taiwanese men were shot and killed at an apartment in Phnom Penh on Sunday night. Photos related to the case began to surface on Taiwan’s social media Sunday night.

Some netizens alleged that all three victims were residents of Tainan, with two of them, surnamed Cheng (程) and Yeh (葉), being residents of Rende District.

Chiu Hsien-liang (邱顯良), director of the Tainan City Police Department's Guiren Precinct, said that the precinct had received reports from Yeh’s mother and Cheng’s older brother, who said their family members were killed in Cambodia, CNA reported.

According to Chiu, Yeh’s mother and Cheng’s older brother told police that they were aware that their family members had gone to Cambodia to work, but they had no idea of what their work was all about. The precinct chief said Cheng and Yeh had no criminal records in the district and were not wanted.
The Guiren Precinct denied internet rumors that the two men were members of the Taiwanese “Bamboo Union” gang, per CNA.
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4641221
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

Apollo91881 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:47 pm BKK1 no less.
Has the kingdom had enough of the Chinese diaspora yet?
Gangs, drugs, guns and crime?
These kinds of comments is what worries me about the attitude of the people. Being Chinese, I don't like these generalizations. People will see me as China Chinese, rather than American Chinese at first glance. I guess they way I dress will hopefully separate me some, but most I think will just lump me in like you did.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

techietraveller84 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:04 am
These kinds of comments is what worries me about the attitude of the people. Being Chinese, I don't like these generalizations. People will see me as China Chinese, rather than American Chinese at first glance. I guess they way I dress will hopefully separate me some, but most I think will just lump me in like you did.
The Chinese diaspora have been in Cambodia for centuries. I have Chinese relatives both here and in Europe. Many urban Cambodians have Chinese ancestors. The development of Phnom Penh and most other cities in the region would not have happened without Chinese businessmen and traders. I think it's worth distinguishing between these people and the worst elements among recent arrivals from the mainland.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:19 am
techietraveller84 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:04 am
The Chinese diaspora have been in Cambodia for centuries. I have Chinese relatives both here and in Europe. Many urban Cambodians have Chinese ancestors. The development of Phnom Penh and most other cities in the region would not have happened without Chinese businessmen and traders. I think it's worth distinguishing between these people and the worst elements among recent arrivals from the mainland.
There is a big difference between ethnic Chinese living in Cambodia (and also those living outside of mainland China).
This is why defining people by their skin colour and ethnic origins etc is just stupid. It has also led to horrible massacres in SE Asia and elsewhere. See anti-Chinese riots in Indonesia and Burma.

So, although I'm apalled by the behavior of the mainland Chinese in Sihanoukville, I ask myself, who let the Chinese triads/mafia take over the city of Sihanoukville to the detriment of the Cambodians ? Cambodians are also responsible for this sad state of affairs.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic