GY6 parts locally? (Modified Scooter Engines)

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

GY6 parts locally? (Modified Scooter Engines)

Post by SlowJoe »

I've seen over the years a few small groups pop up that have fat tire GY6 scooters, but I can't remember where the kits were sold (maybe they're not around anymore).

Wondering if anyone remembers or knows of the places/places that sell GY6 parts locally. Lightly digging online hasn't netted me anything useful.

Thanks in advance
-SlowJoe
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: GY6 parts locally? (Modified Scooter Engines)

Post by SlowJoe »

Couldn't find anyone selling anything, so tried to retrofit and piece together stuff.

If anyone cares, basically nothing from any of the parts available for other Hondas fits a GY6 motor without a lot of work and modification.

Not a huge surprise, but it was worth a shot.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic