Is America now a 3rd world country?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Is America now a 3rd world country?

Post by SlowJoe »

Spigzy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:06 am Stiff arsed Brit here, please use the term USA or United States of America so as not to tarnish the image of your fellow Americans north & south of the border. #Limey #GiveItBackToLizzy #MakeAmericaBritishAgain
I'm a Canuck, and I never considered myself a "North American".

Doesn't matter though, I'd say Canada all on it's own is going the way of the shitter.

cabron wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:19 pm Yes we have a lot of issues and crappy situations in the USA these days, but even if we tripple these problems we will be better off than the rest of the planet.
Yes, but the Titanic was only prestigious until it went under...
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

It's a shit show with no end in sight.

The fact that America felt uncivilized actually was a major draw for me 25+ years ago, when I moved there. But nowadays? It's just silly.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Alex wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:13 pm It's a shit show with no end in sight.

The fact that America felt uncivilized actually was a major draw for me 25+ years ago, when I moved there. But nowadays? It's just silly.
Same for me 34 + years ago, lot of changes since but still unbeatable place to live especially in the south west.
Boredom is like a shroud
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The answer is that it's a mix of 1st and 3rd. As an American I think it's much better in the 1st part. End up in the 3rd and you're fucked. What's the 2nd world anyway? Nobody seems to know about that anymore, probably because of the autism they got from vaccines.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Alex wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:13 pm It's a shit show with no end in sight.

thought is was a great country to grow up in during the 50's-60's. ( especially as i was in the DC area ). we had unlimited freedoms and it never felt uncivilized ( to me) . Changed during the early 70' with the escalation of Vietnam war and than the 80''s
I left

Moved back in 97, lasted 16 months and that was enough
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic