Are there any telecom companies in Cambodia that do not require you to top up monthly in order to keep your number?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
JJJJS
Tourist
Tokelau

Re: Are there any telecom companies in Cambodia that do not require you to top up monthly in order to keep your number?

Post by JJJJS »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:44 pm metfone:
u get 2 months extension if u
top up
make a call or receive one
or use the internet on ur phone
Thanks. I missed this reply earlier.
JJJJS
Tourist
Tokelau

Re: Are there any telecom companies in Cambodia that do not require you to top up monthly in order to keep your number?

Post by JJJJS »

Bongmab69 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:51 pm I have Smart number, and if i top up 2 U$ it stays good for 15 days, and then It takes 3 months before you lose your number, that makes it 3.5 months, if you stay in KOW for 6 weeks, and leave for 10.5 months, it will cost you 6 U$, and you can top up from anyplace in the world with the app, i am using this system since januar. Works perfect for me . . .
Thanks. Missed this one earlier too.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

JJJJS wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:29 pm
Clutch Cargo wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:21 pm I got this from Smart a few months ago so I think current if it helps..
Thanks. Would you know if any 'pay as you go' plan exists in Cambodia with any company, as opposed to this 'number lifecycle' (blackmail) plan?
No sorry. I've only stuck with Smart coz most of my friends have it.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Bongmab69 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:51 pm I have Smart number, and if i top up 2 U$ it stays good for 15 days, and then It takes 3 months before you lose your number, that makes it 3.5 months, if you stay in KOW for 6 weeks, and leave for 10.5 months, it will cost you 6 U$, and you can top up from anyplace in the world with the app, i am using this system since januar. Works perfect for me . . .
Got it all worked out there Bongmab69 :wink: I use Smart Xchange for even better value https://www.smart.com.kh/services/add-ons/xchange/ Pay $2 and get $60 worth of calls and data for 25 days.. BUT what I don't know is whether doing this is classified as a 'top up'...I suspect not.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

JJJJS wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:34 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:44 pm metfone:
u get 2 months extension if u
top up
make a call or receive one
or use the internet on ur phone
Thanks. I missed this reply earlier.
sine jan i have put $3.00 on my metfone number an still have $1.10
left>

I dont use it for internet and only once every 6 weeks or so call or sms another metfone user which extends my account 60 days

https://www.metfone.com.kh/en/mobile/prepaid/4-ever
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic