2 Angry Chinese Crash a BMW Called "MR. TOMI"

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

2 Angry Chinese Crash a BMW Called "MR. TOMI"

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Who is this mysterious "MR TOMI" ?

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): At 4:10 a.m, on 19 August 2022, two drunk Chinese men were seen arguing in the street, which eventually led to a fight, and then a car accident at the base of the Chroy Changvar bridge in Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh.
According to sources at the scene, prior to the incident, the two drunken Chinese men were seen arguing violently and ended up fighting in front of the Preah Keto Mealea Hospital along Street 47 in Srah Chak. The nearby residents attempted to separate the two men, but they climbed into a gray BMW X6, (which had a license plate marked MR TOMI), and took off along Street 47 at high speed.

Suddenly, the car lost control and sped up the Chroy Changvar bridge, and then on the road down from the Chroy Changvar bridge, it ended up hitting a structure in the park and stopped. The airbags were triggered and and the front wheel on the left side of the car was broken. The garden was ruined by the accident.

After the accident, the two Chinese men got out of the car and started to quarrel again, when suddenly, another car drove up to pick up the two men and quickly transported them away from the accident scene.

The damaged vehicle, with the distinct MR TOMI number plate, was left behind at the scene. Local police made a note of the incident, and then towed MR TOMI away for storage at the Land Traffic Office of the Phnom Penh Municipal Police for further legal procedures.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: 2 Angry Chinese Crash a BMW Called "MR. TOMI"

Post by hanno »

I probably didn't pay attention, but I do not recall seeing vanity plates before. Are they common? Or even legal?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

hanno wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:12 pm I probably didn't pay attention, but I do not recall seeing vanity plates before. Are they common? Or even legal?
Introduced in 2020:
newsworthy/cambodia-introducing-paying- ... 35368.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:40 pm According to sources at the scene, prior to the incident, the two drunken Chinese men were seen arguing violently and ended up fighting in front of the Preah Keto Mealea Hospital along Street 47 in Srah Chak. The nearby residents attempted to separate the two men, but they climbed into a gray BMW X6, (which had a license plate marked MR TOMI), and took off along Street 47 at high speed.

Suddenly, the car lost control and sped up the Chroy Changvar bridge, and then on the road down from the Chroy Changvar bridge, it ended up hitting a structure in the park and stopped. The airbags were triggered and and the front wheel on the left side of the car was broken. The garden was ruined by the accident.
That's the central military hospital near Wat Phnom. I'd expect better security around there but then... :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

No word on what happened to his mate Mr Jerry.
Spoiler:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

After the accident, the two Chinese men got out of the car and started to quarrel again, when suddenly, another car drove up to pick up the two men and quickly transported them away from the accident scene.

That sounds sinister. Is there a secret Chinese rescue and extraction team available to rich Chinese?

Had a crash? Killed a local? Destroyed a road divider? Dial 888 and wait for help.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

The pic looks like Triads are the rescue and retrieval team.
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

I have been looking for a BMW X6. And the plate will suite me fine!
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

Tommie wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:44 pm I have been looking for a BMW X6. And the plate will suite me fine!
I would stay clear of this one. Even if it were not damaged the grey paint job (Storm Bay Grey if original BMW?) almost seems done with a handbrush over the original blue (Estoril?) in the picture showing the drivers' seat!
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

Flexxman wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:58 pm
Tommie wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:44 pm I have been looking for a BMW X6. And the plate will suite me fine!
I would stay clear of this one. Even if it were not damaged the grey paint job (Storm Bay Grey if original BMW?) almost seems done with a handbrush over the original blue (Estoril?) in the picture showing the drivers' seat!
I think that I may be best off sticking with my Ford Ranger.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic