This getting worse by the minute.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
notax
Expatriate
Thailand

This getting worse by the minute.

Post by notax »

Read this and the PM s comment,damn crazy stuff and this is from a leader of a country? Scary stuff going on and getting worse by the minute. Even make Cambodia leadership look great. Cambodia I am on my way.
http://tech.thaivisa.com/internet-freed ... paign=news
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re: This getting worse by the minute.

Post by Samouth »

The internet freedom in Cambodia also sucks. lolzz
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

You are right notax.

What started out on the surface as a shiny happy intervention to prevent civil war and protect their power during the Royal succession, with the bonus/promise to clean up corruption affecting ordinary Thais, is gathering momentum to show its true colours. A military dictatorship gradually stifling more and more avenues to block any form of free speech voiced in opposition to their rule. Amused yesterday that a puppet Prime Minister, albeit one voted in democratically, was removed by a puppet unelected government. I noted she was prevented by the military from making any public statement on the outcome.

Sad times for democracy and free speech in Thailand, how far are the military dictatorship prepared to take this ?
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

as far as they need to "to protect Thais"
dont expect to see elections for a long long time

There never has really been democracy in Thailand nor, for that matter, in Cambodia

read " A kingdom in Crisis"
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

I'm more worried about the new liquors laws since I don't live there.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote:as far as they need to "to protect Thais"
dont expect to see elections for a long long time

There never has really been democracy in Thailand nor, for that matter, in Cambodia

read " A kingdom in Crisis"
PR - I think that's true to an extent. There's a George Orwell comparison in there " All Thais are protected, but some are more protected than others ".
wackyjacky wrote:I'm more worried about the new liquors laws since I don't live there.
My friend sent me a copy of those new liquor laws yesterday, couldn't make head or tail of what had changed and I tend to completely ignore it on the assumption it will not be enforced outside of a token effort maybe in Bangkok.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Soumy Phan wrote:The internet freedom in Cambodia also sucks. lolzz
How do you figure that? As far as I can see only a handful of sites like Khmerization and Ki-Media are blocked by certain ISPs (and not others). They should be blocked anyway as they are just spreading stupidity.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Those sites are extremely revealing.
wind back the clock a century.
bunch of retarded children.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

I'm all for the junta's poorly conceived, backwards-thinking policies. Sounds like the Baht will lose value over time. :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic