It happened; RIP AndyKK

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Re: It could just happen

Post by truffledog »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:07 pm
AndyKK wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:22 pm Had 5 covid tests PCR in 5 days all negative
Maybe discuss the options of a bacteria culture with your doc Andy. Once they know exactly which bullet to shoot treatment will be more efficient and faster than with broad spectrum antibiotics.

Take care.
SO TRUE..every bacteria type responds to a different antibiotic. Highly recommended to perform an antibiotic sensitivity test (directed therapy) before taking any "good luck antibiotics"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antibioti ... ty_testing
work is for people who cant find truffles
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Sorry to hear you're ailing, mate.

See if you can get big doses of vitamin D3, which is a strong anti-inflammatory (effective against ALL respiratory diseases) and an immuno-suppressant, the latter means if the body's immune system goes overboard in fighting its own organs, the 25-hydroxyvitaminD (hormone created from the D3 by the kidneys) also prevents such attacks. Now, I am NOT a doctor, but it does take the body quite a few days to create enough 25(OH) to make it useful. But you just might need it in recovery phase.

All of Dr. John Campbell's YT videos on Vitamin D's impressive ability to defend against respiratory diseases.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Campbellteach ... tamin%20D3
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

I'm not normally one to chime in on threads for medical advice, however coming from a family of practitioners (OB-GYN and Family Practice docs), essentially living in a medical clinic for years and having done 4 years of a pre-med degree myself before changing professions, I want to say PLEASE take caution when listening to others with no or little medical background.

I know many mean well, but being well meaning and incompetent is not a good mix for good health. Just consult the health professionals that you find trustworthy, and to those commenting, please keep it limited to emotional and other means of support (such as if he needs help getting situated or taking care of things on the ground here in Cambodia).

You can easily do far more harm than good with suggestions, especially when it comes from YouTube, even if you're quoting a doctor.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

By the looks Andy's in no position to be telling the doc what med to administer to him, so any med advice is pathetically useless, he needs some members to go visit him and give personal support, not just from a keyboard. :please:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

atst wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:14 pm By the looks Andy's in no position to be telling the doc what med to administer to him, so any med advice is pathetically useless, he needs some members to go visit him and give personal support, not just from a keyboard. :please:
THIS
EXACTLY:
No one can diagnose someone without testing, so although you all have good heart 's, ur suggestions are pretty useless<
He saw a US doctor an has been admitted to the Russian hospital

I will leave it up to Andy to tell what he has, but its more than just Pneumonia
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I don't judge people on whether they decide to take out medical insurance or not while living out here. It's a personal choice / risk that we all have to weigh up as individuals.

I have no idea - and it's none of my business - whether Andy has medical insurance or not, but things like this really do hit home the importance of it and the risks we take without it.

I don't know you Andy, or anyone on this board on a personal level, but I've used this forum enough to get an idea of the types of characters many of you all are, and I've always enjoyed your posts and your, often unique, view on the topics discussed here.

You certainly look like you're in a bad way Andy, and I genuinely, genuinely hope that whatever medical problems you're having, you manage to pull through.

All the best mate.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

I'm no doctor but
Spoiler:
laughter is a great medicine
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

All the best Andy, I hope you get well soon.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Get well soon Andy. Missing your curry pics.
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:56 pm I have been diagnosed with Phnewmonia
Thats bad. I was diagnosed with viral pneumonia and arrythmia last year, ended up in Siem Reap provincial hospital for a month, lost 20 kgs, couldnt walk, couldnt feed myself. But I was lucky - I got a girlfriend who stayed with me in the hospital (open ward, about 50 locals), she slept beside my bed every night, went out for food, spoon-fed me, washed me, helped me go to toilet (bedpan etc - dignity was the first thing to go), then as I started to recover she forced me try to walk again until I got angry with her and she cried, but she stuck by me nevertheless. Still beside me now, and I am fully recovered, I reckon she saved my life. I hope you come out of it ok, and that you have someone taking care of you.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Locked Previous topicNext topic