Father and Child Killed in Ratanakkiri Hit and Run

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: Father and Child Killed in Ratanakkiri Hit and Run

Post by Bongmab69 »

I had on that road close to that place my first official speeding-ticket, xmis-day 2016, the road is pretty desserted, but there should have been a sign for 60kph somewhere, and they were in a descent with a old-fashioned speed-gun. Its a nice road with no traffic, it makes you driver faster then 60 ofcourse. Fine was 20.000 riel with a ticket, doing 90 instead of 60 when i remember good. The day after i encountered a girl laying in the middle of the road with her moto, alone, knever understood what happened. When we stopped and took care of the lady (i was with 2 khmer ladys), the neigbours arrived from where, i knever understood either. But they all were very nice to Ta Barang Bong mab, hahaha . . . She was taken to hospital on her brothers bike !!!
drozd
Expatriate
Mexico

Post by drozd »

atst wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:00 pm How do they know the moto turned left when the car driver has run away
There might have been a dash cam in the Ford?
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

atst wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:00 pm How do they know the moto turned left when the car driver has run away
Would assume by asking other motorists or people alongside the road that saw the accident.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:21 pm Off topic, but since when was a Ford Ranger a luxury car?
It is in Cambodia.
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic