The Progressive Left ... Racism but different ....

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: The Progressive Left ... Racism but different ....

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:47 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:35 pm
Chad Sexington wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:06 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:31 am
Chad Sexington wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:02 am

You know who they should get rid of first, the “teachers” who think their students knowing all about their “special genders” is more important than teaching them how to read and write.
Ok sure, and teachers that wear helmets when bicycling. If anything is going to turn your kid gay it's seeing that shit.

But I still think it's favorable to not solely rely on the seniority system. A newly educated teacher will be up to date on all of today's learning tools and will have a lot to give for a long time but, will be ruled out in favor of a 70 year old teacher that might not even be good at what he/she does, how does that benefit students?

It seems like a somewhat stale system in a world where new technology and means of communication / learning / creating is presented on an almost daily basis.

Not trying to disrespect older teachers, I'm sure many of them are still excelling, but having been at the job for a long time shouldn't be the only criteria when it comes to teaching IMHO.
I didn’t mention it would turn kids gay (that was you) my point is, there’s an awful lot of blue haired so called teachers, who believe their sexuality is of paramount importance to their students.
I didn’t need to to my teachers first name, or if they were even married, and I managed to get a perfectly adequate education.
That sounds like a different issue than the seniority system. I'm not a fan of the woke movement, hopefully they are not planning to exchange old teachers for purely blue haired non binary people. But who knows, these are interesting times after all.
It's no new discussion. Three decades ago there was resistance against gay & lesbian teachers admitting they were what they were, and now it's the queers and the binaries. Whatever their background is, teachers will only survive when they adopt a professional role in the line of duty. Teachers from a minority group might be a small roll model for some kids, their experience might even benefit a few kids, but that's it. In the classroom they're the teacher of all the kids and they'll have to handle a group of 25-35 adolescents. Everyone with experience as a parent can vow for the 'ease' to deal with those, teachers deal with tens of them at the time, for years.
Schools are very harsh merciless environments with strict social rules. I wouldn't lose a single night of sleep over this.
Worst teacher I had was a 20 something shaven headed dyke - she hated all males; and would tell any boy their correct answer was incorrect and spend minutes putting them down. She adored all the girls in a slightly creepy predatory manner and would take them for extra study and stuff. She was abruptly fired after six months and replaced by a buxom blonde bombshell of a 20 something year old who didn't discriminate on basis of gender (by that I mean male and female) and had a miniskirt for every day of the school week

I remember one glorious year about halfway through secondary school when my class broke seven student teachers in a row - like, borderline nervous breakdown, crying and running from the room never to be seen again. They prob quit teacher training after that and that was probably for their own good and the good of any potential kids they would have gone on to teach if they hadn't been ran off by 35 smelly Irish teenagers. Three others who could handle it prob made good teachers afterwards tbf

Not everybody can teach;some people are simply not cut out to be teachers - regardless of age, sex, sexuality, nationality or w/e - and as such they should be weeded out and not allowed to ruin their lives and more importantly the education of their future charges
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Cooldude wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:08 pm Not trying to disrespect older white teachers, I'm sure many of them are still excelling, but having been at the job for a long time shouldn't be the only criteria when it comes to teaching IMHO.

FTFY.
Good point, seniority shouldn't be paramount .... But these same unions who negotiated this little bit of racism are the same unions that screech blue murder when the idea of regular testing for all teachers might be a good thing ..... I'm afraid I can't agree that this newest thing has anything to do with the best interest of children or the functionality within the classroom.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:24 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:07 pm I hear you, not that I care who someone likes to fuck / fall in love with as long as they do their job well.
My comment was just in general regarding the woke movement.

But my thought is also that school is a harsh merciless environment and a normal person will get burnt out.
Hanging on as a teacher because you have nothing else to do is not good for either the teacher or the student.

Hence my not so serious comparison with law enforcement where there is a systematic understanding that the work takes its toll and after so and so many years you deserve to get out of the line of fire.
Giving teachers office work has been tried and it basically failed. The main job of the school is to teach, tasks other than teaching are rather scarce and teacher's are generally considered too expensive to do those jobs.
I've been a teacher myself since I was 23 years old and even though I had a great time and did the work with relative ease I am happy I made a career switch. Working as a teacher means you've got a pretty inflexible job which is based on your teaching schedule and the planning of the school year. The things children, parents and society expect from education only go up. During my 15 years is (secondary) education the roles and responsibilities always grew. Whenever a problem arises in society it's thrown over the fence to education because 'education' and 'awareness' are the key to solve any problem.
I've seen teachers doing a great job until their retirement but I've also seen teachers stranded in a new era, confronted with a new generation, struggling to cope with those changes. Maybe a saving plan which allows for a relatively early retirement can ease the pain, or less teaching hours / smaller classes. Two hours with 16 kids is way different from two hours with 30 kids.
Yea I understand there simply isn't enough work within the education system to give all aging teachers desk jobs, it was just a silly comparison to make a point.

A savings plan or similar sounds like forward thinking though, why not it's hard and important work, I would have no issue seeing teachers rewarded with earlier retirement or such. Rather spend extra money on teachers than giving politicians millions when they quit after having made millions already being corrupt.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic