Kampot apartment for rent $180 #37 Street 703

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Kampot apartment for rent $180 #37 Street 703

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:16 am
CaptainCanuck wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:56 am
Clutch Cargo wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:23 am
Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:53 pm
CaptainCanuck wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:20 pm The distain some senior posters here have for all things Kampot is disgusting ... Check yourselves gentlemen, someone is simply trying to help a friend.
:dm: Ah hem. Check yourself for ageism. Who are you calling "senior" ? (Some of the oldest people I know are called Junior.)

That said, I do agree with you that properties for rent posted on the forum tend to be torn apart here, but it's just general.(Not specifically anti-Kampot.) IMO.
Yeah, not often (if ever) we see: 'Wow, this place is good value.'
You’re the second poster to think I’m just talking about rentals .... I’m sorry for not remembering how often the forest can be lost here when the conversation is about specific trees ..... my thoughts are about how ANYTHING about Kampot is automatically made into something derogatory ..... think back to some of the senior posters here who constantly remark how Kampot is flush with druggies, rapists, beg packers, afternoon 50 cent beer swillers, littering pigs, and of course the Khmer population are simple country bumpkins ..... as if all these things aren’t in their own neighborhoods ..... PP; Kep; or whatever place THEY’RE from is of course a haven of virtue, where crime is something unheard of and all the citizens are on course for receiving sainthood from the Pope .....

Someone was merely trying to help a friend rent an apartment, albeit in the evil place Kampot, I guess no good deed can go unpunished.

Surely I waste bandwidth here .... as always ‘they’ have spoken as the Herr Doctor put forth and it is so ..... I offer mho for ‘your’ consideration, I hope you don’t find me too offensive and worthy of cancellation.
Fair enough however I was specifically quoting Anchor Moy who made mention of the broader point of rentals in general. I agree with him that members can be overly negative on some listings.

Having said that, point well taken on your reference to Kampot specifically and yes, it's valid imo as I have seen many derogatory posts of the type you mention over the years.

Def not wasting bandwidth on this. :thumb: Puts the conversation into perspective I think.
Thank you for that .... we’ve not always agreed on things here but somehow remain civil ... it’s a refreshing change.

I remember when I first joined CEO, there’s was constant chatter how pages like Khmer23 & ThaiVisa had degenerated into cliquey hellholes lead by a mean spirited few where group think was the norm and newish posters were routinely ganged up on no matter the subject at hand but seemingly merely for sport ... before long no new posters resulted in basically a circle jerk amongst the old timers ..... perhaps it’s the way of all internet pages but even Stevie Wonder can see CEO could easily fall irreparably onto that track.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

This is funny. It’s okay for a certain individual(s) to talk shit and make disparaging remarks towards other individuals or certain groups of individuals, but when it comes to making disparaging remarks concerning Kampot it becomes offensive. Yes, that’s the line that is drawn in the sand.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:20 pm The distain some senior posters here have for all things Kampot is disgusting ... Check yourselves gentlemen, someone is simply trying to help a friend.
:dm: Ah hem. Check yourself for ageism. Who are you calling "senior" ? (Some of the oldest people I know are called Junior.)

That said, I do agree with you that properties for rent posted on the forum tend to be torn apart here, but it's just general.(Not specifically anti-Kampot.) IMO.
Ever since the mods banned Basta and Ken2016 gave up, we haven't had any fresh meat thrown our way.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:15 am

Ever since the mods banned Basta and Ken2016 gave up, we haven't had any fresh meat thrown our way.
Dunno about that.. post532502.html#p532502 :beer3:
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Kenr wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:46 am This is funny. It’s okay for a certain individual(s) to talk shit and make disparaging remarks towards other individuals or certain groups of individuals, but when it comes to making disparaging remarks concerning Kampot it becomes offensive. Yes, that’s the line that is drawn in the sand.
Kampot is an open air international asylum where the patients are looking after the other patients (with some assistance from the local population).
Thus I believe it's fair to protect Kampot as a group from negative or funny remarks as this could affect the rehabilitation of its members.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:51 pm what a shit looking place: ( $50 is to much for it) seen many nice 2 bedroom houses in Kampot for around $180-250/month
example posted just now
$230
https://web.facebook.com/groups/2996093 ... 0703336117
Hahah eh, i was paying about twice this for 1/4 the space in PP, but the furnishings were nicer and it had AC and utilities included. I didn't care because i knew i was leaving after CV. It was an airbnb.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic