Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
kiwikiwon
Tourist
Puerto Rico

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by kiwikiwon »

Hello
American expat living in Cambodia just over 2 years now, mostly in PP but just moved to Siem Reap. Have been active in the various Facebook groups but sometimes just want to shoot the shit and see what's up without having any specific question. It's kind of boring so far here compared to PP so interested if there's anyone local that's interested in things like board game meetups, recreational sports, etc.
rop verheijen
Tourist with No Posts
Cambodia

Post by rop verheijen »

I'm Rop, 63 years old and born in Europe, the Netherlands. After Chile and Mexico, our new home is Cambodia, with our base in Phnom Penh. We will stay at least one year and probably several years. I am looking for voluntary work that is preferably run by Cambodian people. Maybe doing something in the renovation of homes of poor families, kitchen services, or plastic cleaning up. So very concrete work. I'm happy to hear from you.
patchy
Tourist

Post by patchy »

Hi, i'm patchy. I'll be moving to Cambodia soon and CEO is like a gold mine for the information i need :Yahoo!:
beermoneyn9
Tourist
Philippines

Post by beermoneyn9 »

Hi my name is John and from the philippines. I have been staying in cambodia for 8 years now.
stumbled upon this forum a while back but decided to create an account now. Looking forward to get more information about other stuff I don't know specially here in phnom penh
mortemistrata
Tourist
United States of America

Post by mortemistrata »

Hello,

I am 21, moving to teach English. I like tattoos, motorcycles, reading and hiking. I'm hoping to find some friends before I move.
octopusindonesia
Tourist

Post by octopusindonesia »

Hello, im from indonesia ;-)
Lin@Garage Bar
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Lin@Garage Bar »

Hello everyone, I would like to introduce myself and my younger sister Kea as the new owners of the Garage Bar at # 9 Street 110 in Phnom Penh. You may have already met me before as I have worked in the bar for 4 years but stopped
working in the bar last year. My 20 year old sister has only worked there for one night as she still studies, so you will not see her around much. The Garage Bar will be shut for a few days while we sort out a few problems but do not worry we have had a bar operating from our premises for 15 years, 13 years under our brand name of Garage Bar so we will not be going away. I hope to see you and some of my oldtime customers once again soon.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Lin@Garage Bar wrote:Hello everyone, I would like to introduce myself and my younger sister Kea as the new owners of the Garage Bar at # 9 Street 110 in Phnom Penh. You may have already met me before as I have worked in the bar for 4 years but stopped
working in the bar last year. My 20 year old sister has only worked there for one night as she still studies, so you will not see her around much. The Garage Bar will be shut for a few days while we sort out a few problems but do not worry we have had a bar operating from our premises for 15 years, 13 years under our brand name of Garage Bar so we will not be going away. I hope to see you and some of my oldtime customers once again soon.
The end of an era - A lot of people will miss Clay.

All the best with the new concept :)
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Travelbassman
Tourist
Canada

Post by Travelbassman »

Hi, I'm Travelbassman from Canada. I plan to retire in a year or so and will be travelling in SEA.

I've been to Siem Reap in 2018 and spent about a week there. I went to see Angkor Wat as I'm a fan of archeological sites. As a musician I also spent my evenings at the Hard Rock Cafe (I was surprised they had one here!) as well as the bars with musical acts on Bar Street.

I hope to get some info about the music scene in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap from this site. I see that many of the members also have knowledge of the other expat scenes in SEA and maybe I can get a few questions answered regarding the neighboring countries too.
DavidK99
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by DavidK99 »

Hello. Long time Asia traveler, now living in Chiang Mai. First trip to Cambodia was in '91. These days I have a renewed interest in exploring Cambodia again and I appreciate the loads of great info I've been finding here. I have to especially thank Mr. B whose videos have fascinated me, and the great old photos on the Clutch Cargo threads. Thanks all.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic