The World's Fastest Indian

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
0to60
Expatriate
Cambodia

The World's Fastest Indian

Post by 0to60 »

For all you gearheads out there, my favorite movie. Anthony Hopkins 2005

http://www.tudou.com/albumplay/amsCc2-EV7A.html
Dr Anik
Expatriate

Re: The World's Fastest Indian

Post by Dr Anik »

0to60, that link a no go but came across this a few days ago..

Burt Munro and his famous Indian motorcycle on the Bonneville Salt Flats.

World's Fastest Indian legend Burt Munro would probably have forgiven the American Motorcycle Association for a 1967 stuff-up that robbed him of a record-breaking run.

The association has back-pedalled on times for Munro's 1967 world land-speed runs after the motorcycling legend's son, John, discovered a miscalculation on the certificate issued on the day.

It turns out the legend broke the Class SA 1000 land speed record (previously 183.586 miles per hour or 295.453 kmh) on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah on his 1920 Indian 953cc Fuel Streamliner on August 26, 1967, achieving an average speed of 184.087mph...more..Link
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

odd, my post disappeared?
great flick, funny REAL LIFE stuff. Making pistons from scavenged gas pipe. Dunno bout the peeing on the lemon tree part tho.
Burt was a bumblebee, din't know he can't fly (according to tech specs).
god love him an his kind.
0to60
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by 0to60 »

This is the Burt Munro movie. That sucks that it won't open, I was expecting to watch all kinds of free movies and TV shows from Tudou and Youku when I get to PP. Does Cambodia have Netflix? It's not available in China. When I tried to sign on I got a message from Netflix saying,"Netflix is not available in your country yet" :roll:

Burt munro's record for top speed in under 1000cc class is still unbeaten. According to the movie anyway.
Singularian
Expatriate

Post by Singularian »

Pissing on a lemon tree is a tried and tested way to promote growth.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

One of my favorite movies. He made something out of nothing. Having worked in the engine room of ships I know how hard it is to engineer and make your own parts as many times we had to do just that to get a piece of machinery running as we didn't have the replacement part and were hundreds of miles away from a port with an airport. He may not have had the schooling and degrees, but he had the science down better than 99.9% of the trained engineer/builders. Some things you just can't teach, you have to live them. (Just watched it again last week)

BTW/ If you want Netflix you have to get something like "Hide My Ass" and that will show you live in the US and can subscribe to Netflix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic