Returning to Cambodia after plandemic

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Returning to Cambodia after plandemic

Post by Apexisto »

Hi,

I would like to return to Cambodia since I left in 2020 and I was unable to return to this country due to restrictions. I wonder it is possible to go back to this country or is there some extra hoops that I need to overcome?

What air companies are traveling to Cambodia without any mask policies? I do have a mask exemption from the doctor but dealing the air companies even with that document is still difficult.

There is no need to testing and visa on arrival? Is it possible to get a business visa just like before?

I wonder if I just contacted the air companies about my mask exemption and then just flew to Cambodia via Thailand and then use my contacts to turn my visa into yearly visa etc.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Returning to Cambodia after plandemic

Post by armchairlawyer »

Apexisto wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:18 pm Hi,

I would like to return to Cambodia since I left in 2020 and I was unable to return to this country due to restrictions. I wonder it is possible to go back to this country or is there some extra hoops that I need to overcome?

What air companies are traveling to Cambodia without any mask policies? I do have a mask exemption from the doctor but dealing the air companies even with that document is still difficult.

There is no need to testing and visa on arrival? Is it possible to get a business visa just like before?

I wonder if I just contacted the air companies about my mask exemption and then just flew to Cambodia via Thailand and then use my contacts to turn my visa into yearly visa etc.
Yes. No.
None that I know of. Recently flying to Thailand from Cambodia and domestic in Thailand the enforcement was minimal though.
Correct. Yes (it's called an ordinary visa).
Good luck with that. Many agents will get you an EoS, easy if you're over 55 but must not work in Cambodia.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

You will need testing on arrival, they will extract your DNA and use it to remote control you.

Better get vaccine before, but then you turn into a frog so fuck I dunno. Good luck!
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I went back a month ago, here is how it went: topic50565.html
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I arrived at PNH again today. The only change from my previous visit last month was that the IO himself asked for my vaccination certificate, there wasn't any additional staff checking it between VoA and immigration any longer.

Same as last month, everything was smooth and efficient. Long may it last!
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

they (airlines) don't even check proof of vaccination or covid status anymore beyond a cursory glance to see you have those documents;there's no validation/verification taking place.

I'm totally not suggesting you should fake said documents and have no problems; just making an observation
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Did you mean to write plandemic, or was that a spelling mistake? I’m sure a helpful mod can correct that slip up for you.

I vaguely recall that your previous assessment of Cambodia was exceedingly negative, and Belarus was to be your new destination. What’s changed your view of the KoW, to give you fond memories of the place?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

No, plandemic is a word used by conspiracy theorists.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic