Weed still not legal in Cambodia ? What chance do you have to follow the smartest Asian country called Thailand ?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Weed still not legal in Cambodia ? What chance do you have to follow the smartest Asian country called Thailand ?

Post by hanno »

OK, I get it now. You want to lord it over everyone that does not live in Thailand?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Weed still not legal in Cambodia ? What chance do you have to follow the smartest Asian country called Thailand ?

Post by phuketrichard »

Pre decimalization ;
it was just as easy to buy weed in Thailand as Cambodia an Prices/Quality were about the same /100 grms
Japan an HK a bit more difficult and the prices 3/4x higher
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Going to a forum for Cambodian expats to inflate your ego because you're not living in Cambodia lol, isn't that just a little pathetic?

But hey if that's what you need to feel "smart" in Thailand then I suppose we can let you have it :)
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jubo2 »

Random Dude wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:36 pm
jubo2 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:22 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:57 pm Lol, Thailand can never be called the "smartest" countrry, although they did pull a good move with the recent release of pot prisoners and ceasing to enforce laws against sale and possession

It's not beyond the pale that, if it's successful over a few years in Thailand, Cambodia would follow suit

Hopefully they do.

Not the smartest country maybe, but in Asia, there is no more competition, only $hithole places around, in Thailand even abortion is legal and soon gay marriage also.

I would feel so stupid to spend time anywhere else in the world <3
To each their own I suppose, different places suit different people's needs and all that. But hey, if you want to smoke legal weed and get the occasional abortion while you wait for your chance to marry your gay partner good for you.

no thank you, I talked about gay marriage because I thought it might concern you, but anyway, anybody with a brain should support gay wedding and enjoy living somewhere where freedom is total, but I understand that for many people living in Thailand is not easy.
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jubo2 »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:13 pm Going to a forum for Cambodian expats to inflate your ego because you're not living in Cambodia lol, isn't that just a little pathetic?

But hey if that's what you need to feel "smart" in Thailand then I suppose we can let you have it :)

it was not the purpose but I understand that people living in Cambodia who opens their eyes clearly understand that if they had the choice it would not be the place to be in 2022.
Same if I was living in Indonesia or Malaysia, I would greatly feel stupid when understand how my choices were wrong :-)
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

jubo2 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:13 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:13 pm Going to a forum for Cambodian expats to inflate your ego because you're not living in Cambodia lol, isn't that just a little pathetic?

it was not the purpose but I understand that people living in Cambodia who opens their eyes clearly understand that if they had the choice it would not be the place to be in 2022.
Same if I was living in Indonesia or Malaysia, I would greatly feel stupid when understand how my choices were wrong :-)
Alright, cool
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

jubo2 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:11 pm
Random Dude wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:36 pm
jubo2 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:22 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:57 pm Lol, Thailand can never be called the "smartest" countrry, although they did pull a good move with the recent release of pot prisoners and ceasing to enforce laws against sale and possession

It's not beyond the pale that, if it's successful over a few years in Thailand, Cambodia would follow suit

Hopefully they do.

Not the smartest country maybe, but in Asia, there is no more competition, only $hithole places around, in Thailand even abortion is legal and soon gay marriage also.

I would feel so stupid to spend time anywhere else in the world <3
To each their own I suppose, different places suit different people's needs and all that. But hey, if you want to smoke legal weed and get the occasional abortion while you wait for your chance to marry your gay partner good for you.

no thank you, I talked about gay marriage because I thought it might concern you, but anyway, anybody with a brain should support gay wedding and enjoy living somewhere where freedom is total, but I understand that for many people living in Thailand is not easy.
I've got no problem with gay marriage, don't see why anyone would really. I've spent a lot of time in Thailand, I really like the place. I've spent a lot of time in other places too - I liked them also.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Had a laugh today, a 100 metres from my regular bar on Jomtien beach road a longstanding newstand vendor's hut has been demolished and a Cannabis Medical shophouse is rapidly going up in its place - right next to the entrance to the main Kasikorn Bank Branch. Classic bit of product placement :plus1:
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jubo2 »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:22 pm Had a laugh today, a 100 metres from my regular bar on Jomtien beach road a longstanding newstand vendor's hut has been demolished and a Cannabis Medical shophouse is rapidly going up in its place - right next to the entrance to the main Kasikorn Bank Branch. Classic bit of product placement :plus1:

More than 50 weed shops just in Pattaya and already 39 on the map

https://www.google.com/maps/@13.2967035 ... lu4Z22357w
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic