Have you lost your job due to Corona Virus? Need a CV?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Have you lost your job due to Corona Virus? Need a CV?

Post by rozzieoz »

Just FYI - All my package prices will be going up in price on Monday, after being reduced dramatically during Covid.
If you've been thinking about a CV rewrite, this is the best weekend to purchase.

www.resumesetc.com.au/shop
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

This week’s Feedback on Friday is from Briana. I was thrilled to hear of her success in finding her dream role (in a brand new career!) after arming herself with the right CV for the job.

I managed to find and highlight areas of relevant skills and experience in her life and career, so far. Even though she’d never had any specific experience in the role for which she applied, I saw many examples of how she’d been unknowingly gathering relevant skills and experience for most of her life!

Her old CV simply didn’t show this to any potential employer skimming through it.

From that starting point, I was able to write a CV which made her attractive to her chosen employers… And it worked, first time! I love it when a plan comes together, don’t you?

Read what Briana had to say about her experience below…

My job is to work with you to figure out how to make your career dreams your reality.

If Briana’s Feedback on Friday has inspired you, contact me today and we’ll make sure your CV gets noticed.

Looking forward to working with you!

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

As much as employers would love to get a well formed picture of who you are...
They don't really need to see pictures of you on a night out with friends, or claiming victory in a hot wings eating competition.

Your LinkedIn profile picture should just be a simple headshot, of you.
Anything outside of that- leave it out.

Your potential employer will find the RELEVANT skills and experience in your CV! So, unless you are going for a job as a Nando's spokesperson, leave the chicken out of the shot.

Same goes for pets and fancy dress outfits. Keep those for frames on your desk and company Hallowe'en parties, respectively.

Makes sense, doesn't it?

Keep it simple.
Curating and managing your online presence is crucial.

That's why thousands of people, just like you, have come to me for help with this task over the last thirteen years.

Looking forward to working with you!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Tuesday Tip:

Should you use a CV template?
Unfortunately, if it seems like a quick fix, then it's not enough...

In the video I used the example of a car. If you buy a BMW, but that car has had all the original parts replaced with off-brand alternatives, is it still going to perform like the original vehicle?
Sadly, as my ex-boyfriend found out, no.

So, the template itself has no real value to you. The content is what gets you to your desired destination!
Have you been feeling like your CV has left you stalled at the side of the road to success?

You are not alone.

I've worked with thousands of people in the same position as you.
They have all found that once your CV is written correctly, assembled from your original parts, designed for your specific purpose, it will get you where you want to go.

So, should you use a CV template?
Template shmemplate!

Let's get you back on the road to success!

Thousands of people, just like you, have come to me for help over the last thirteen years.
My job is to work with you to figure out how to make your career dreams your reality.

Whatever your goal, you're just a click away from making it happen.

Looking forward to working with you.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

https://www.resumesetc.com.au/2022/09/2 ... r-special/

Purchase any package at the store and receive a FREE online profile…
Offer ends on the 30th.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Please update your bookmarks, I have a new website!

www.rozcv.com
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:42 am Please update your bookmarks, I have a new website!

www.rozcv.com

Wow, That's quite an impressive website.. But all I want to know is, what is it going to cost for the average Cambodian Bargirl or Garment Factory worker , who wants to upgrade to a new type of job. And is there a simplified CV for School Students applying for their first jobs etc. ?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Tootsfriend wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:14 am
rozzieoz wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:42 am Please update your bookmarks, I have a new website!

www.rozcv.com

Wow, That's quite an impressive website.. But all I want to know is, what is it going to cost for the average Cambodian Bargirl or Garment Factory worker , who wants to upgrade to a new type of job. And is there a simplified CV for School Students applying for their first jobs etc. ?
I have a package for school students, it's a bit cheaper than my No Frills package ($70) and includes a copy of my book, "My First CV, A Step-by-step Guide", to help them work out their skills and work history.

Most of my clients are South Africans (95%) wanting to move overseas, so it's very rare I get asked to write a CV for a Khmer person, maybe once every six months, if that. In those cases I work out the payment with the client.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

NEW SITE SALE!

Basic Package -
https://rozcv.com/product/limited-time-basic-package/
Save $20 on Résumé, Cover Letter and LinkedIn

No Frills Package -
https://rozcv.com/product/no-frills-package/
Save $20 on Résumé and Cover Letter

Expires on Sunday at midnight.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic