Harry's Bar on Riverside specials

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Harry's Bar on Riverside specials

Post by Kammekor »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:54 pm
Kammekor wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:34 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:50 pm I had the tomato soup at Harry's. I recommend it. Nice bread with it too.
Me too, and the Tikka. Both were pure heaven. Soup was tasty, but the basil wasn't fresh unfortunately.
Spoiler:
I just recommend not to eat the Tikka before taking a long range night bus, which I did.
This is allowed mods?
Did you get censored <cut>

Poor form
I guess so, not sure because I haven't had a slap on the fingers / been notified yet
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:50 pm I had the tomato soup at Harry's. I recommend it. Nice bread with it too.
I will try it tonight.
Boredom is like a shroud
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:04 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:54 pm
Kammekor wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:34 pm
Me too, and the Tikka. Both were pure heaven. Soup was tasty, but the basil wasn't fresh unfortunately.
Spoiler:
I just recommend not to eat the Tikka before taking a long range night bus, which I did.
This is allowed mods?
Did you get censored <cut>

Poor form
I guess so, not sure because I haven't had a slap on the fingers / been notified yet
Yes, deleted for being suspicious, probably a troll. The General told me by pm. I have PM the General back with my PoV..
The restaurant also tried to contact me but deleted the PM before I could read it so I don't know what the content of that message was

So here is full transparency from me for those interested.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:34 pm Soup was tasty, but the basil wasn't fresh unfortunately.
unfresh basil with canned tomatoes...tasty soup! Fck me.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

It's amusing to see that a tomato soup can stir such a lively discussion.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Alex wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:12 am It's amusing to see that a tomato soup can stir such a lively discussion.
Just wait until you get the storm in the tea cup. Or did we have that already?
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Alex wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:12 am It's amusing to see that a tomato soup can stir such a lively discussion.
I like a hard boiled egg, cut into quarters, in a bowl of hot tomato soup. It gives it a lot more substance and tastes lovely!
Genius or madness? Discuss.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Chad Sexington wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:48 am
I like a hard boiled egg, cut into quarters, in a bowl of hot tomato soup. It gives it a lot more substance and tastes lovely!
Okay I'll bite. I don't think it's a bad idea, not exactly genius but certainly not madness.

Maybe the Harry's rep could let us know if that's available as an option, and for how much, to give those so inclined an opportunity to b1tch about the price.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Chad Sexington wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:48 am
if you add some Miller beer, lemon juice and an Aspirin you have a Red Eye Cocktail
work is for people who cant find truffles
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

We are debating a $3 bar snack soup, though. Not a gourmet, michelin, finest dining.
In general, I don’t like tomato soup- I usually can’t get beyond the aroma. I like Basil and black pepper, often in too short supply.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic