Cambodia to reopen to Tourists

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: Cambodia to reopen to Tourists

Post by mannanman »

nemo wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:48 pm
Siem Reap: Bumper New Year celebrations were held in Siem Reap and nearly 200,000 tourists visited Siem Reap resorts on New Year's Day.
The acid test.
Well..?
People of the world, spice up your life.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

February 5 2022 - 5:30AM
Just quietly, now's the perfect time to visit Cambodia's Siem Reap
Michael Turtle

The first time I went to Siem Reap, nearly 20 years ago, the Cambodian city was a mere dusty town. Arriving in Siem Reap's centre on the back of a tuk tuk, I walked the quiet streets like the backpacker I was, trying to find somewhere to stay. There weren't many options back then, but I did find a budget hotel near a bar called The Red Piano that was trading off its newfound fame as Angelina Jolie's hangout during the filming of the Tomb Raider movie.

Over subsequent trips, I've noticed the changes in Cambodia, most recently in February 2020, my final overseas journey before the pandemic slammed shut most international borders. In Siem Reap, it was incredible to see what had happened to that modest neighbourhood of yesteryear. Backpacker Michael would not have recognised the city and, in fact, when I went looking for The Red Piano bar, I was shocked to find its rat-infested dirt alley had transformed into a crowded boulevard of restaurants, nightclubs, and neon signs called Pub Street.

In the 15 years before the coronavirus, international tourism to Cambodia had increased from about one million to six million people a year. Almost all of them would come to Siem Reap for the same reason that Angelina Jolie did - the magnificent temples of Angkor.
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14225
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Land border gate reopens between Cambodia and Thailand
May 6, 2022
O’Smach border checkpoint reopens

The O’Smach International Border Checkpoint was officially reopened on Friday after it was closed in 2019 at the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Oddar Meanchey Province Governor Pen Kosal said that the O’Smach border checkpoint, which is located in the province’s Samrong city, Samrong commune and neighbouring Thailand’s Surin province, is an important border checkpoint between the two countries.

Governor Kosal said that as the border checkpoint has reopened people from both countries can now exchange goods and services.

He added that to cross the border, the Thai side requires people travelling to Thailand to hold a passport, Thailand Border Pass, and the Covid-19 vaccination card.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501070616/ ... t-reopens/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 2:04 am The O’Smach International Border Checkpoint was officially reopened on Friday after it was closed in 2019 at the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic.
It was actually closed in late March 2020, not in 2019. But never mind, I'm happy it's open again.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia Targets a Million Foreign Tourists This Year
AKP Phnom Penh, July 12, 2022 --
Cambodia is expected to receive at least one million foreign tourists this year and 2 million next year, said H.E. Thong Khon, Minister of Tourism.

Addressing to a recapitulative meeting here on Tuesday, H.E. Thon Khon said in the first six months of 2022, more than 500,000 international tourists visited Cambodia, a sharp increase by 394 percent compared to the same period in 2021.

But the figure decreased by 84.8 percent compared to the same period in 2019, he added.

“By easing conditions to be more flexible for international travellers, Cambodia is expected to receive more international tourists,” H.E. Thong Khon said.

In the first half of this year, domestic tourist movement was tracked at 6.33 million, a surge of about 219 percent, while the number of domestic foreign tourists was recorded at 0.68 million, up about 380 percent compared to the same period in 2021.

Tourism is one of the four pillars supporting Cambodia's economy. The country attracted up to 6.61 million international tourists in 2019, generating a gross revenue of US$4.92 billion, according to the Ministry of Tourism

By Chea Vannak
AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I think they're on a good trajectory to recover. The touristy area of Phnom Penh looks pretty lively already and people seem to be having a great time, so they'll tell their friends and post selfies and what not.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

troelshartmann wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:59 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:29 pm Siem Reap International Airport Ready to Welcome Vaccinated International Tourists
AKP Phnom Penh, November 25, 2021 --
Siem Reap International Airport in Siem Reap province is ready to welcome foreign tourists fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Good news. Sihanoukville next?
Cambodia Airways Resumes Sihanoukville-Bangkok Route
AKP Phnom Penh, July 22, 2022 --

Cambodia Airways has relaunched its commercial flight services between Sihanoukville of Cambodia and Bangkok of Thailand as well as the domestic flights between Phnom Penh capital and Sihanoukville of Preah Sihanouk province.
The resumption of the two routes after more than two years of interruption due to the COVID-19 pandemic will provide more travel options to Sihanoukville.

According to the airline, it will initially operate four flights per week including two international flights (Sihanoukville-Bangkok) and two domestic flights (Phnom Penh-Sihanoukville) every Monday and Saturday.
- AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

More Regional SEA Flights Resuming
Yangon on list as Bangkok Airways resumes regional services
30 July 2022
As South East Asia continues to open up as the COVID-19 restrictions recede, Bangkok Airways has announced the resumption of flights to nearby international destinations Myanmar, Vietnam, and Cambodia.

In a press release, Thailand’s boutique airline says it will resume service in August and September to Yangon, Da Nang, and Siem Reap.

Direct daily flights between Bangkok and Siem Reap, the Cambodian tourism mecca and home to the world’s largest religious complex Angkor Wat, will launch again on 1 August. Flights to Yangon will also resume on 1 August despite the humanitarian crisis in Myanmar since the military junta overthrew the government in February 2021.

Bangkok Airways will then resume flight service to the former French colonial port of Da Nang, a coastal beach destination in central Vietnam, with direct flights starting again on 1 September.
https://www.mizzima.com/article/yangon- ... l-services

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

New Flights: HANOI - SIEM REAP
Bamboo Airways touches down in Siem Reap
By Asian Aviation Staff -
08/08/2022

Vietnam’s Bamboo Airways completed its maiden flight to Cambodia’s Siem Reap on Sunday (7 August) as Cambodia tries to rebuild its tourism sector that has been hard hit by the COVID pandemic.
The inaugural first flight of Bamboo Airways from the Vietnamese capital Hanoi touched down at 19:20, which marked a next crucial step in the airline’s roadmap of expanding international network. On this new route, Bamboo Airways operates Embraer-190 aircraft.
https://asianaviation.com/bamboo-airway ... siem-reap/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Nice little plane the Embraer 190.
2+2 seating. Overhead bins too small for big wheely cabin bags. Pax will need a bit of re-education.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic