Taxi or Grab from BKK to Downtown?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Taxi or Grab from BKK to Downtown?

Post by Kammekor »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:12 am
Kammekor wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:08 am
armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:04 am As Kammekor says, about 350 +tolls (if the meter is rigged it will be about 600+tolls). Tolls are about 100.
Must have done the trip over a hundred times and never encountered a rigged meter.
I'd put it at a 1 in 15 chance. Near zero if hiring a passing taxi.
ThaiVisa (now Asean Now) has threads on this. Some of them say the green taxis are more likley to be rigged.
If scared of it check for the sealing wires+lead at the meter's front.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Taxi or Grab from BKK to Downtown?

Post by armchairlawyer »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:14 am
armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:44 pm The only time I use Grab in Bangkok is when I need a car bigger than the Corrolla. On Grab you can book an SUV.
@BKK when you get your taxi ticket there are two lanes, regular taxi and SUV, so no need to use Grab when going from the airport. Loads of SUV's waiting for customers at the taxi place.
Yeah, I'm talking about getting a SUV to the airport. I don't even know if Grab are allowed inside BKK. They are not allowed inside CMX.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic