Excellent decision against Alex Jones

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
rabbitoh
BANNED
Puerto Rico

Re: Excellent decision against Alex Jones

Post by rabbitoh »

Blah blah yaawn.
Just ask your T.V. ok? honestly.

And for the guy who wants to get hard taking screen shots of my posts, feel free.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

rabbitoh wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:43 am Blah blah yaawn.
Just ask your T.V. ok? honestly.

And for the guy who wants to get hard taking screen shots of my posts, feel free.
You can blah blah yawn all you want, but you said yourself if I did that to you you'd probably sue me. Going by what you said before that would make 'you' a lefty and you'd be violating my right to free speech. :facepalm:

Don't worry, I'm not going to screenshot what you say or go down the Alex Jones route, just trying to make you understand there's a bit more to this than free speech and nonsense about left/right.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:15 am Lucky he wasn't jailed::

He might not be out of the woods yet as far as being jailed goes. He's been caught committing perjury and his text messages over the last few years are being given to the people investigating the Jan 6 thing. He has got to be shitting himself over whatever fallout that could bring his way.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Random Dude wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:42 am

He might not be out of the woods yet as far as being jailed goes. He's been caught committing perjury and his text messages over the last few years are being given to the people investigating the Jan 6 thing. He has got to be shitting himself over whatever fallout that could bring his way.
Don't the U.S. courts take perjury very seriously? (especially when they want to put someone Like Alex Jones in his place.)

Can You Go to Jail if You Commit Perjury?
The Texas judicial system takes allegations of perjury very seriously. Jail time and fines are a possibility for individuals who violate Texas perjury laws and plenty of people have found themselves behind bars:

Perjury is a Class A misdemeanor, which is punishable by up to a year in the county jail and a $4,000 fine.

Aggravated perjury is a third-degree felony, which is punishable by 2 to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

He could be in big trouble...

https://versustexas.com/blog/perjury/#: ... 000%20fine.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Turns out, Alex Jones attorney isn't a real lawyer.
He's a crisis actor.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:20 pm
Random Dude wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:42 am

Don't the U.S. courts take perjury very seriously? (especially when they want to put someone Like Alex Jones in his place.)

Can You Go to Jail if You Commit Perjury?
The Texas judicial system takes allegations of perjury very seriously. Jail time and fines are a possibility for individuals who violate Texas perjury laws and plenty of people have found themselves behind bars:

Perjury is a Class A misdemeanor, which is punishable by up to a year in the county jail and a $4,000 fine.

Aggravated perjury is a third-degree felony, which is punishable by 2 to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

He could be in big trouble...

https://versustexas.com/blog/perjury/#: ... 000%20fine.
I saw this headline...

www.reuters.com/world/us/alex-jones-may ... 022-08-05/

I can't open it because I've reached my free article limit but the first paragraph says...

"Aug 5 (Reuters) - Revelations that conspiracy theorist Alex Jones may have lied on the stand in a defamation lawsuit by parents of a child slain in the 2012 Sandy Hook mass shooting made for a dramatic moment in a high-profile trial, but it would be unusual for prosecutors to follow through with perjury charges, lawyers said."

I don't know how true that article might be but regardless, I bet he's lying awake at night wondering how he'd get on in prison. After everything that's happened he won't be feeling very confident when his lawyer tells him not to worry about the perjury thing, they probably won't pursue it.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Good thing, hope he"s bankrupted now.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

The stance he took against the Sandy Hook thing is pretty reprehensible tbf; I remember hearing about it (feels like it was over a decade ago, idk)

I also thought that he was already in court over this stuff back then too and it was done with

Presumably he won't pay the money and will just file for bankruptcy or has done so already

Man occasionally has his moments also
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:52 pm The stance he took against the Sandy Hook thing is pretty reprehensible tbf; I remember hearing about it (feels like it was over a decade ago, idk)

I also thought that he was already in court over this stuff back then too and it was done with

Presumably he won't pay the money and will just file for bankruptcy or has done so already
Yes, the Sandy Hook Shooting was in 2012.

In fact, the timing on this is a bit suspicious to me. Why now? Why 10 years later?

PS-I am not a fan of Alex Jones.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic