Schengenvisum mother in law and brother

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
diesel
Expatriate

Re: Schengenvisum mother in law and brother

Post by diesel »

So we arrived in PP and got 2 k visa's. But why they have 2 different expire date?? 1 valid oktobre 2023 other one 2026.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

They are usually valid for the length the passport they are in is valid.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

diesel wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:17 am So we arrived in PP and got 2 k visa's. But why they have 2 different expire date?? 1 valid oktobre 2023 other one 2026.
Probably because the kids passport expiry dates are different.

K-type Visas are only valid for the lifetime of the passport, so the expiry date of the visa should match the expiry date of the passport.
diesel
Expatriate

Post by diesel »

Okay yes thats logic.

But its really easy to get the K visa, i got my ordinary visa and paid the 40 dollar abd gave the passports( yes 5 to much) and in 5 minutes we got te passports back with the visa.
Only passports, no further documentation needed
diesel
Expatriate

Post by diesel »

Today we visit vfs , we collected all documents and strictly organized. My brother and mother in law went inside and came back because the application form was missing. And offcourse they make a mess off all organized documents. I showed them the application form i printed of the vfs website and the link.of the german embassy. They told me that they cant accept that because it was in dutch language ( im dutch) , so i explained them that it was german language, and when i converted the application form in a pdf file it translated automaticly in german. Logic because its a german embassy.

But they didnt accept that, than they said i must use a computer to fill the application form and print it.

Realllly frustrating, because the family must make the trip again, waste of time because evetything was fine and did exactly what they website told us, and all our documents where 100% fine.

So whats vfs doing?? Because we must also Pay them 40 dollar, for what???? Bring the documents to the embassy?? Not strange that a embassy denied visa, because im sure documents get lost at VFS office, what a mess.

I send the embassy a mail and try to do a application.directly at the embassy. But online i cant make a visa appointment, they send me to VFS.

So 1 advice, use a computer to fill in the application.form, and dont use a telephone. Yes its 2022........
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic