USA Economy

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Re: USA Economy

Post by The Add Jay »

Listen old man. The banks should have collapse and reset the market. you mean 18 trill in debt.

Recent federal tax hikes have been aimed at those making over $250k per year. And where are they going to make up the losses due to the tax hike?
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

You just have no real understanding of economics do you? All "feels"... no "knows".
CaliforniaGuy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by CaliforniaGuy »

The Add Jay wrote:Doing well? what fucking fantasy world are you living in?

The economy is NOT growing...wall street is growing. my portfolio is growing. My wage is fucked in the dirt and my taxes are sky rocketing BY THE SECOND. Nobody can afford homes THANKS to the low inflation so every millennial who is making under 60k a year is stuck in mom and dads basement cause of ridiculous rent prices. On Top no one getting married so no joint income.

The situation is FUBAR. Its a goddamn house of cards and wait till the boomers really start packing it in.
Your wage is "fucked in the dirt" so what are you doing about it? One of the mistakes many of us boomers made was raising a bunch of spoiled kids who think the world owes them a living, owes them a good job, owes them the ability to buy a house, etc. etc. The world owes you nothing. You have to make it on your own, and it was that way for my generation too, as well as all those before it. If your can't make a decent wage, do something about it. My situation and my millennial kid's situation is far from FUBAR. If yours is, who's fault is it? It might be time to grow up and take some responsibility for your situation and stop blaming "the economy" or boomers or whatever else. Geez, we all had to work hard, gimme a break.
I wish I knew a whole lot more, or a whole lot less.
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

Whats the real unemployment? How many are working poor? How many jobs are in the public sector verse private sector? The only major difference between now and the 30's is that its not noticable...cracks in the roads...garbage in the streets etc etc. Look up broken window theory.

I'm not one saying someone owes me something(very obvious with my political stance) and we call be Monday morning QBs blaming.

Good for children, thats great but the majority are either in debt from students loans(there own fault) and underemployed at starbucks or some other service industry. I had a very nice job in the states but I realized that even at my current pace I wouldn't be able to afford a condo by the time I'm 40 so I decided to move to Cambodia and enjoy my myself which I em.

I cant believe a dip shit said 3% growth. thats beyond laughable its downright fucking retarded.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

The Add Jay wrote:I cant believe a dip shit said 3% growth. thats beyond laughable its downright fucking retarded.
Of course you know better than ALL the organizations that calculate and publish GDP data for each country every quarter. You have your own reams of reliable data and proven methodologies and the essential economic education and practical experience to determine such things whereas nobody else does. Where would the world be without you and your rogue genius?

I'm sure Cambodia is blessed to have you. Please stay there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic