double pricing Thailand

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: double pricing Thailand

Post by Alex »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:10 am dont know why you left out the south>
Great islands off of Trat
I guess you mean Trang. Both have islands though.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Alex wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:32 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:10 am dont know why you left out the south>
Great islands off of Trat
I guess you mean Trang. Both have islands though.
my bad :-), the mind is going slowly
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

So they're not changing the cost of hotels to Tourists, merely thinking about charging Thais less.
That's fine. I doubt anyone has an issue with this.

Now they're considering free Visas?

Yet thinking about charging the Tourist to enter?

I think one thing that confuses the Tourist no end, is the fact that they cannot seem to decide what they want to do.
More than just any old backpacker.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I’m on Samui now. Many empty hotels and shop units. There is an aura of decline from all the broken down properties.

Some good deals available on the OTAs, eg very decent place for 800 THB. Unless you are fixed on one particular hotel, you will get a good deal in any price range, as good as any Thai will get. There is intense competition.
The Bangkokians fly in on Fridays and go again on Sundays. Otherwise don’t see many Thai tourists.
Chaweng night life area quite busy in the evenings with young falang.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic