I am missing something here?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
MrBen87
Expatriate
Great Britain

I am missing something here?

Post by MrBen87 »

Everyone knows whats happening in the scam vcenters , people are being promised of great salaries , great working conditions etc.. but are then being detained unlawfully and exposed to mental ands physical abuse. Everyone know whats happening and exactly where it is . There has been international condemnation from numerous countries, yet it still continues. Chinaproject in KPS is so blatently obvious as well as Moc Bai in Bavet. I read an article the other day about the police going to investigate a murder and they were refused entry at first and then only 2 of the four were allowed on site . Are the police that powerless or are there other things going on ? Police are happy to smaller gambling dens , massage places , ktv´setc .. full force but won´t dare go near the scam centers. Are they outgunned or on orders not to intervine otherwise ?

Be interested to here peoples thoughts
vivathedivas
BANNED
Australia

Re: I am missing something here?

Post by vivathedivas »

I think you answered your questions
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Re: I am missing something here?

Post by orichá »

Police don't care. There are several police forces in Cambodia: the local poor variety at small precincts, and the detectives who are these days mostly focused on drug trafficking.
Human trafficking is less of a priority. Local small cops often ask for money up front to approach foreign managed compounds. (Do some research, like VOD news website.) The police are not afraid, not when they have a big team armed with big guns. But there is little incentive or profit to be made from chasing ALL the hoodlums out at once. They have bought privilege and protection from rich Cambos at some point along the way. Just look at the big house the new governor of Sihanoukville has been building for himself... It may be finished by now... He didn't get that by kicking out any gangsters, bro...
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic