E-cigs and vaping

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
bazzo
Tourist
Thailand

E-cigs and vaping

Post by bazzo »

Hi folks,

Planning a Phnom Penh visit from Thailand soon. Over here, vapes and e-cigarettes are illegal, but widely tolerated.

Looks like it's a similar situation over there, but curious as to the risks and reality on the ground. The threads I already found don't seem to address this.

Is there somewhere I can buy disposables on the ground? Over here they're a common sight at street stalls in the bar areas. I'll only be in town for a few days so won't have time to order online, and can't read/write Khmer anyway.

I'm not too concerned about having my luggage searched over there, but I'm a bit apprehensive about taking them through security on the Thai side.

Assuming I can get my hands on some, am I going to attract attention or by vaping discreetly in (or outside) bars, cafes, etc?

Over here, nobody bats an eyelid at someone vaping anywhere regular cigarettes is allowed. Just curious whether it's similarly accepted there - haven't visited since pre-Covid, when smoking seemed to be allowed in most bars but I don't recall seeing any vapes/e-cigs.

Yes, I should quit entirely - but these are the only thing that have got me off cigarettes, which are even worse...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: E-cigs and vaping

Post by John Bingham »

Illegal, big crack down recently. At the same time nobody really cares.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:18 pm Illegal, big crack down recently. At the same time nobody really cares.
Yep.
nobody really cares.
Just bring what you need for personal use for a few days in PP - all good.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Saw it coming a mile away similar situation to the alcoho pop tax in Australia I was working for Independent Liquor when that happened pretty sure the brass had a tip off because they sold the company to Asahi before the legislation was announced. Vape were marketed just the same towards kids, just evil!

Anyway I've got 500,000 units of juuls in the back in Australia pretty sure they just went up in value. :Yahoo!:
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic